About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives
Brandywine Hospital is searching for a full time Surgical Tech with a minimum of two years experience in Cardio Thoracic Surgery preferred. Position includes taking call on approximately one night a week, one weekend in a 6 week period, and in house holiday coverage on day shift (in rotation with the other ST's on staff). Candidate must be able to arrive at the hospital within 30 minutes when on call.
- Position is for an experienced surgical tech with competency in Cardio Thoracic Surgery.
- Assists surgical team during operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up for operations and passing items to doctors and nurses as needed
- Assists in preparing and moving patients and in cleaning the operating theater
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of tasks
- Works under general supervision
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technologists,
- Current CST certification preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a surgical tech with competency in Cardio Thoracic Surgery.
- Current AHA BLS certification
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.