Summary:Responsible for moving trailers to and from various warehouse locations to accommodate the needs of all areas of the distribution center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
- Move trailers on distribution grounds to meet the needs of the grocery warehouse, frozen warehouse, salvage dock, garage, etc.
- Insure that all wheels are chocked when parking a trailer.
- When necessary, unload salvage trailers so that they may be utilized in other areas.
- Move loaded trailers that are dropped by outside drivers to the appropriate door to be unloaded.
- Maintain knowledge of trailer status and be aware of all yard activities.
- Document trailer and door assignments on door sheet.
- Follow safety guidelines and encourage a safe work environment for all associates.
- Follow approved attendance and tardiness policy.
- Wash tractors and trailers as directed by management.
- Follow through with the requests and recommendations of the TransportationManager.
- Adapt to various situations and adjust to shifting priorities.
- Support company policies and procedures.
- Comply with dress code guidelines.
- Perform other functions as required by the Transportation Manager.
- Other duties as may be assigned or required.
Competency:To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Team Work - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates and Licenses: