The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for initiating, planning, executing, and monitoring projects involving multiple people, processes, and components. Align project requirements and deliverables with the strategic and tactical goals of the organization. Establish and nurture positive relationships with project sponsors, participants, stakeholders, and customers. Measure and be accountable for the short- and long-term project results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own overall responsibility for the success of assigned projects.
- Understand the business needs of the customer.
- Define project objectives and deliverables to meet those needs.
- Identify assumptions and constraints that impact schedule, resources, costs, quality and risk.
- Define scope, schedule, budget and quality levels for the project.
- Identify, obtain and organize necessary project resources.
- Prepare and execute plans for quality, change control and communications.
- Prepare and gain approval on an overall Project Plan.
- Execute against the Project Plan while controlling and reporting on scope, schedule, quality, costs, resources and risks.
- Verify and document project results. Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Complete all tasks necessary to close the project and transition to an operational state, if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years of business/project management experience.
- Familiarity with formal project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Effective written and oral presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal associates, business partners, and external vendors.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software and project planning tools.
- PMP Certification or equivalent, or completed work towards PMP Certification
- Some tax or financial background
- Introduction to compliance (regulatory, SOX, etc.) and governance issues.
- Experience in Big 4 consulting environment