- Serve as a subject matter expert to internal stakeholders on all aspects of the Site (System) Reliability Engineering discipline, driving reliability into various systems requiring support
- Mentor Engineers growing into an SRE role, focusing on methods to drive reliability and influence design & direction
- Execute and guide execution of specific tasks through various application work streams to drive best-in-class operational support
- Communicate status of various projects to SRE leadership
- Provide leadership, guidance, and personal development to SREs
- Drive results through increasing reliability of applications and failover capabilities
- Guide Reliability via Enterprise Transformation, influencing teams as they work towards maintaining 99.99% reliability targets, and beyond
- Lead change and innovation - pursue opportunities to adopt new technologies and drive adoption to enhance business outcomes - drive and mange high-quality execution across organizational lines
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior by complying with applicable laws, regulations and policies and requiring the same from others
- Leverage diversity and inclusion to bring in the right talent, drive employee engagement and foster teamwork and collaboration
- Grow and maintain knowledge of and leverage cutting edge IT industry/marketplace technologies and trends to support highly-available distributed systems, and the transformation of legacy systems
- 5+ years of professional IT experience, with steadily increasing responsibilities
- 2+ years of experience designing and building highly distributed, scalable systems
- Prior experience leading teams and / or managing IT Project timelines and deliverables
- Experience planning and supporting +99.99% availability against critical applications in production
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and enabling Automation within development teams
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Health care industry experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: system reliability engineer, technology, DevOps, site reliability engineer, telecommute, telecommuter, work from home