BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The IT System Architect leads efforts to design, architect, implement and test Disaster Recovery Plans for BJ’s technology systems, including Applications, servers, storage, databases and foundational services. Responsibilities include Production System architecture, especially pertaining to high availability and recoverability.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Design and architect Disaster Recovery systems and plans to meet BJ’s recovery and availability goals
- Lead efforts to implement BJ’s Disaster Recovery for IT services, Applications and infrastructure
- Document BJ’s Disaster Recovery systems, architecture and recovery plans
- Design and execute appropriate testing to validate Disaster Recovery capabilities, document results and adjust systems and plans
- Ensure maintenance of Disaster Recovery plans through regular testing and annual review of Production and DR systems, architecture and recovery plans
- Coordinate across BJ’s technology and application teams to ensure a comprehensive, unified Disaster Recovery architecture and recovery capability
- Design, architect and implement BJ’s Production and Supporting Systems to facilitate high availability and recovery
- Demonstrated knowledge of the full-stack of computer system technologies including Private and public cloud, server, storage, database, virtualization, network and security
- Previous experience with architecting server, storage, database and foundational systems for high availability and recovery in cloud, on-premise and hybrid environments
- Experience with the Microsoft services stack including Active Directory, Federation Services, Office 365/Exchange, File Services
- Strong knowledge of cloud or specific AWS cloud - proven experience in architecting AWS solutions
- Knowledge of Citrix application and desktop virtualization a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 6 – 8 years IT Infrastructure experience with at least 3 years’ experience designing and architecting systems for high availability and recovery
Environmental Job Conditions
- Works as part of a cross-functional technology team to deliver an overall Disaster Recovery plan and capability for BJ’s IT and Business systems
- Communicates across all levels of the IT organization
- Leads and participates in cross functional teams
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.