At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) team is here to make it easy, safe, and secure for our customers to do business with Wells Fargo — whether they are in a store, online, on the phone, at an ATM, or on a mobile device. In partnership with Wells Fargo lines of business, we bring our customers products and services that make banking simple. We impact customers directly through availability and security, as well is indirectly through our business partners who deliver value-added products and services. We have more than 23,000 team members in all 50 states dedicated to providing cutting-edge technology and operational support. This allows us to understand our customers’ financial needs, and then offer them products and solutions to help satisfy those needs so they can succeed financially.
Enterprise Business Technology (EBT) provides development and support for the many internal systems used across the enterprise. The EBT Architecture & Strategy Group provides architecture services to the breadth of EBT. We work to influence the technology direction and standards of Wells Fargo technology and ensure EBT solutions are in alignment the overall goals and objectives of EIT and our partners.
The Lead Architect for Team Member Technologies (SA6) is a key position within the Enterprise Business Technology Architecture (EBTA) Group reporting into the EBT Group Systems Architect. This position is responsible for setting key strategic architecture direction for Wells Fargo TMT solutions working closely with the LOB partners, CIO and Application managers.
This role will provide leadership to Wells Fargo for the overall technology architecture for Team Member related systems for the enterprise. Partner closely with senior level leaders as well as the CTO for Team Member Systems around the Team Member Systems long-range strategy and roadmap. Lead efforts to develop and evolve technology architecture to meet long-term strategic objectives. Interact closely with senior technology leaders and third party vendors around creation of the architecture. The company is working to evolve the Team Member Systems technology architecture to provide innovative solutions that bring efficiency to business process and meet compliance needs.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for defining and reviewing technical designs and solutions for the End User Services architecture and infrastructure environment. Technical expertise in multiple strategic technologies, including desktop, laptop, mobile, cloud, VDI, operating systems, knowledge worker applications, and Office 365.
- Work with key stakeholders and senior leadership to define the Client computing vision and strategy, through collaboration with technical and business partners across the enterprise.
- Plan, architect, design, and document end-user computing platforms, operating systems, cloud-based solutions, core knowledge worker applications, and peripherals to improve services provided across the Client.
- Provide technical research and bring innovative solutions to the End User Services environment. Anticipate potential problems, situations, risks and work with the appropriate service areas to remediate.
- Build strategic client computing roadmap for the enterprise, communicate and drive the implementation of its short-term and long-term objectives.
- Technical expertise in multiple collaboration technologies including; Exchange, Skype for Business, Crestron and Cisco Telepresence.
- Apply IT security standards and practices as well as adhere to these standards in the development and design of new and existing technologies.
- Familiarity with IT development and delivery methodologies, manage all architecture activities through SDLC process.
- Understand enabling components: security, infrastructure, networking, platforms and technologies.
- Collaborate with other architects, vendors, and technical SMEs within/outside the enterprise.
- Possess broad knowledge of core IT technologies (e.g., network, operating systems, servers, virtualization, storage, software development, Active Directory) as it pertains to client computing and/or collaboration.
- Possess broad knowledge of core IT technologies (e.g., operating systems, servers, virtualization, storage, software development) as it pertains to client computing architecture.
- Experience developing roadmap and blueprints.
- Strong cross-domain and cross-functional knowledge that will enable design of the best possible technology solutions.
- Detailed understanding of client computing best practices, architecture principles and methods, technology and standards.
- Mobile Device Management on Android, Apple, Windows Mobile (Apple and Android configuration and profile standards). Architecture and engineering core Mobility solutions for a medium to large enterprise.
- Enterprise Mobility, Mobile Device Management, Internet of Things (IoT), architecture, platforms and operations.
The preferred work location is Charlotte, NC, but other locations such as AZ-Chandler, IA-DesMoines, MN-Minneapolis, and MO-StLouis will also be considered.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of information technology systems design and planning experience; in systems, applications, or architecture
- 8 + years of experience designing software solutions using software architecture design principles
- Extensive technical skills and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of an entire line of business or infrastructure sub-domain
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Experience with Microsoft Lync, Skype for Business or Cisco collaboration technologies
- SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 10+ years of general IT experience with at least 5 years in large enterprises
- 5+ years of experience with IT engineering, architecture or strategy
- Extensive technical skills and knowledge and understanding of End User Services technology
- Experience with Cloud based application integration
- Understanding of client architecture principles and methods, technology and standards
- Wells Fargo architecture experience
- Ability to travel domestically
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.