ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Assisting in system and network designs based on contract requirements and specifications for communications infrastructure and electronic security and surveillance applications.
- Work with a team of Systems Engineers to complete the design, estimating and implementation of the contracted solutions.
- Assist in the generation of customer proposals, completion of the detailed design, or assisting in the implementation of the designed solution.
- Develop cost estimates, proposal responses, developing drawings, performing design calculations, generate documentation, identify configurations, and construct test plans and procedures.
- Produce training plans and material, or assisting in implementing configurations, performing testing, conducting training, and assisting in the closeout.
- Assist the engineering team in producing the necessary submittals, equipment, support, etc., on schedule.
- The selected applicant will successfully achieve team goals by learning to effectively prioritizing their tasks and using available resources efficiently.
- Help develop cost estimates including; design costs, material costs, and installation costs.
- Work with a team of engineers to develop total solutions for customers.
- Participate in the design development process and design.
- Successfully communicate project scope/requirements to subcontractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Assist in provisioning, configuration and testing of system components in the lab and on-site to validate design concepts.
- Aid in providing customer support for installed system with over-the-phone troubleshooting, as well as emergency site visits.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of experience in the electronic security and/or communications industry.
- Bachelor of Science degree in any field or an acceptable and equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft® Excel, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Project, Microsoft® Visio, and AutoCAD.
- Must have good communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Occasional domestic travel may be required.
Experience and/or certifications in one (1) or more of the following key technologies is desirable.
- Access Control, Badging and Visitor Management Systems
- CCTV, Surveillance, Analytics and IP Video Management Systems
- Burglar, and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Photo Beam, Radar and Perimeter Detection Systems
- Biometric Identification Systems
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) Systems
- Ethernet Switches and Routers
- Servers and IT Infrastructure including SAN, NAS and Cloud Storage Systems
- Microwave and Wireless Communication Systems
- Fiber Optic, SONET and DWDM Communication Systems
- ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems)
- Useful Industry Certifications: BICSI (RCDD), NICET, ASIS (PSP, CPP) SIA, COMP TIA, PMI (PMP), CISSP
- Useful Vendor Certifications: Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, etc.), Microsoft (MCSE), Access Control (AMAG, Honeywell, Lenel, Genetec, SoftwareHouse), Video Management (Milestone, Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, etc.) PSIM (NICE, VidSys, Sureview, etc.) Cameras (Axis, Bosch, Sony), Intrusion Detection (DMP), Networking (Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, Ciena, Aviat, Dragonwave, Firetide, etc.)
The successful candidate will be able to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents. Have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports and mentoring.
The successful candidate must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. They must also be able to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent may split time between a semi-quiet office environment and on a construction site, where there is moderate to occasional high noise levels.
Depending on the assignment up to 40% travel may be required.