ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- The successful candidate is able to design/engineer computer and network-based security and/or communication solutions.
- The successful applicant will be part of a team of Systems Engineers capable of designing and implementing a predefined solution with minimal direction
- Complete the detailed design, and/or implement the designed solution, along with identifying and developing appropriate change orders.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for bringing value-engineered ideas forward to incorporate into the overall design with a focus towards functionality, cost, and reliability.
- Develop drawings, perform design calculations, generate documentation, identify configurations, construct test plans and procedures, produce training plans and material, or perform the configurations, implement the testing, conduct the training, and complete the closeout.
- Work with the team to schedule project related work, and manage this work against their appropriate dashboard.
- Work with the engineering team to produce and ensure all submittals, equipment, support, etc, are delivered to project management on schedule, technologically correct, properly documented, and follow all company standards.
- The selected applicant will successfully achieve team goals by effectively prioritizing tasks and using available resources efficiently.
- Participate in the review and revisions of company standards.
- Design systems and networks based on requirements and specifications for communications, IT infrastructure, and electronic security and surveillance applications.
- Work with a team to develop total program solutions for customers.
- Be capable of leading the design development process and design reviews.
- Clearly communicate project scope and requirements to contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- 2-3 years of electronic security and/or IT industry experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field or an acceptable and equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Without a degree, a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the electronic security, IT.
- An advanced degree in engineering or a related field is of additional value.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft® Excel, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Project, Microsoft® Visio, and AutoCAD.
- Experience in any of the following technologies is highly desirable, as well as vendor or industry certifications: Access Control Systems, Video Surveillance Systems, Ethernet Switches and Routers, Servers and IT Infrastructure and Wired and Wireless Communication Systems.
- Must have good communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Occasional domestic travel may be required.
The successful candidate will be able to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents. Have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports and mentoring.
The successful candidate must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. They must also be able to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variabl
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent may need to walk on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent may split time between a semi-quiet office environment and on a construction site, where there is moderate to occasional high noise levels.
Depending on the assignment 10 - 40% travel may be required.