Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide support to OPTUM clients and associates.
- Research, resolve and respond to client deliverable issues received via telephone calls, email, or escalations, and provide support in accordance with current standards
- Complete, maintain, and process pertinent problem tracking entries, and records
- Communicate to internal and external customers as required for new job requests, changes to jobs, and any reported issues with jobs
- Assist in RxCLAIM, RxTRACK and AIX job updates due to MOD and patch installs
- Ensure successful delivery of client deliverables thru Sterling Integrator Software
- Participate in the setup and continued maintenance of the MFT process
- Participate in the verification of delivery / processing of high profile files
- Configuration of the SI database to ensure delivery of reports / files
- Monitoring of processes within SI
- Attend training sessions offered within the group and assist in training workshops
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of network monitoring experience
- 6+ months of experience working with IBMi Series
- Ability to effectively multi - task and address day - to - day issues in conjunction with larger long - term projects
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.