At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Overview of organization and responsibilities of the role:
Responsible for handling highly complex quality assurance and test environment problems and issues. Leads the creation, preparation, review and execution of quality assurance activities. Works with client to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve escalated issues during the testing process. Analyzes application-specific software and performs ambiguity reviews of business requirements and technical functional specification documents. Uses advanced knowledge of applications in identifying, evaluating, and resolving highly complex test problems. Researches new products and industry methodologies and facilitates the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Creates, prioritizes and directs quality assurance and test execution activities. Leads testing teams, development teams and project teams onshore and offshore to provide training, resolve escalated issues, assess testing needs, and recommend changes. Provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff to resolve critical and non-routine scenarios.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of information technology quality assurance and systems/application testing experience
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- 2+ years of banking finance experience
- 1+ year of Java experience
- Knowledge and understanding of creating test plans, test cases, test procedures, test scripts, and expected results
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Test planning and executing experience in systems such as: Test Tool, Quality Center, or ClearQuest
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Selenium software testing framework
- Knowledge and understanding of PL/SQL
- Capital markets experience
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with automation, regression, and performance testing
- Experience with end-to-end testing of multiple applications
- Experience supporting or directing offshore teams
- Engage in Waterfall/agile development practices including requirement gathering, story creation, backlog grooming, acceptance criteria creation, estimation, sub task creation, daily/weekly standup, demos, retrospectives…etc.
- Collaborate with product owners to detect requirement ambiguities
- Create comprehensive test plans, test scenarios, and other needed documentation to ensure high quality QA deliverables and accurate projected timelines
- Conduct test planning on assigned projects; ensure all needed artifacts (test plan, test scripts, traceability matrix, etc.) are produced in the needed timeframe and are of expected quality
- Provide test demos and conduct test result walkthrough for key stakeholders
- Validate & enhance test scenarios & test scripts with additional negative cases, corner cases, scenarios
- Review cross-functional testing coverage to ensure integration coverage
- Schedule & monitor test runs
- Act on failures & publish test results
- Contribute to efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving medium-complex business problems
- Perform test script execution as needed
- Build & execute exploratory tests on use cases/user stories, communicates risk, identify regression scenarios for automation, mentors non-testing project team members on testing
- Identify & execute clear automation strategies with meaningful ROI’s.
- Build, maintain & enhance the automation pipeline
- Leverage ALM & automation tools during development process such as Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, GitHub, HP
- Work with developers during development life cycle and provide continues feedback
- Develop clear understanding of the lower test environments utilized during testing process and help oversee management of those test environments
- Ensure test coverage & signoff
- Experience with utilizing VBA/Selenium/PL-SQL programming, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins etc. Tools to improve processes
- Must have recently been in a position that required hands-on manual cum automation test planning and test execution
- Good understanding of testable requirements
- Experience partnering with the business team to gain thorough knowledge of workflows
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.