At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
As part of the Virtual Hosting Services x86 Virtual SRE team, the System Support Analyst 5 (SSA5) primary role will be to provide technical expertise to highly complex issues and initiatives related to the support and maintenance of the Distributed System Support and Operations (DSSO) Platforms (OS and Hardware) both Virtual and Physical including the following core focus areas; vMware vRealize Suite (vRA, vROPs,) vSphere, Windows based and Linux based Servers (Red Hat SuSE), Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS). Candidate will also be expected to provide guidance and leadership to technical system support initiatives including management of chronic incidents resulting in Root Cause Analysis, Preventative Actions, Pac2000 Ticket Trends for required Enterprise monitored Agent Health, and partnering with Enterprise partners to assist Level 1 and 2 support within the DSSO support teams.
Working as part of the x86 Virtual SRE team, candidate will assume responsibility for splitting time between “ops” related items such as on-call and troubleshooting but also undertaking “dev” tasks such as scripting, automation and development of the platform, product or services. They will provide assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures based on business need , working with LOB, Core Engineering and Monitoring partners for alert and incident management service, change event support and execution service, chronic review for break fix service including problem diagnosis, troubleshooting repair and resolution of chronic issues impacting systems and impaired user functionality.
This position will interact with team members across various Enterprise organizations as well as interact with leadership to provide technical input and make recommendations. Many of the decisions that the senior leadership team will make will be directly tied to the input that this position provides as it relates to the virtualization platform direction and strategies.
This will be a normal day shift however on call rotation is requiredRequired Qualifications
- 6+ years of systems support analysis experience
- 2+ years of experience with automation using PowerShell, Bash, or Python
- 5+ years of experience working with Citrix/VMware technology
- 5+ years of experience with server infrastructure technology including HP and Dell Server Hardware
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level environment
- Ability to interact effectively at varying levels of the business and technical organizations; including management
- Strong team or technical leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used to: measure and communicate key performance metrics (KPIs)
- Cloud computing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of systems, storage, and network infrastructure
- HP, Dell, and IBM hardware expertise.
- Microsoft Certified (MCSE)/Red Hat Certified (RHCE) operating system knowledge preferred, VMWare Certified Professional on 6.x platforms with vRealize Suite experience or equal background required.
- NSX experience preferred.
- VMware 6 years and PowerShell scripting 4 years.
- The ability to collaborate across peer systems support groups and team members, partner with engineering team members, project managers and management is a requirement.
- Problem resolution and analytical problem solving along with strong strategic thinking.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.