Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. is looking for a Tableau System Administrator to join the Data Warehouse (DW) and Business Intelligence (BI) group which is part of Information Technology department. The DW and BI group’s focus areas include Merchandising, Supply Chain, ECOM, Customer Analytics, Finance and many others. This group is responsible for providing actionable insights into these various aspects of the business to drive value, and support improvements within the business.
This role will support all efforts to simplify and enhance customer experience with analytics. This role will be performing all the system administration tasks related to Tableau, and will need a strong passion to build, optimize and maintain systems to support analytics that drive improved business performance.
- Design and develop enterprise level system to support the analytical needs using Tableau.
- Develop plan for business continuity, including monitoring system utilization/performance for capacity planning purposes
- Act as a technical expert to provide technical support and software upgrades for applications.
- Coordinate and perform regular operating system, application maintenance including backup and recovery processes for applications and system.
- Design and develop disaster recovery plans.
- Assist in troubleshooting application, database connectivity, networking, operating system issues.
- Establish and manage relationships with Vendor.
- Develop and maintain security aspects of the system.
- Work very closely with Data Architects, DBAs, SMEs and Power Users in setting up the environment that meets the needs of users.
- Troubleshoot and optimize Tableau Dashboards/Workbooks, data extraction, etc.
- Work with cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of data & analytics projects and initiatives.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 7 years of recent demonstrated experience with Tableau; with at least 3 years of hands on Administration.
- 7+ years of professional experience in analytical reporting.
- Expert in the latest versions of Tableau suite with a deep knowledge in Tableau system administration.
- Ability to setup automated processes to manage system health.
- Experience in optimizing system performance and troubleshooting.
- Proficient with system upgrades, patches, maintaining compliance, support audits, etc.
- Willingness and the ability to closely work with User community, DBAs, ETL developers, and the project team in general.
- Experience in setting up repositories, users and security management.
- A general working understanding of infrastructure technologies and concepts.
- Advanced knowledge with database tools.
- Expertise knowledge in SQL.
- Domain experience in retail business is preferred.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.