About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 36 on Forbes magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.5 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 420 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
Giant Eagle was previously named America's Second Harvest Regional Retailer of the Year for its support of local food banks, and also actively supports numerous community events, the United Way, Children's Hospital, Race For The Cure and other non-profit organizations. The company also has created education initiatives such as Apples For The Students, which has provided millions of dollars in computer equipment, software and other classroom learning tools for local schools and the Be A Smart Shopper school nutrition program. Further information can be found at GiantEagle.com.Position SummaryProvide "real world experience" by giving challenging opportunities to develop and expand skills sets while identifying future leadership for the organization.Job Responsibilities
- Provide assistance and support the Talent Acquisition & Recruitment Marketing Department. Gain practical Recruiting & Human Resources experience within several areas that include survey research, team member communications, recruiting, and recruitment marketing.
- Create internal & external communications; as well as proofread advertisements and documents to ensure accurate information is being communicated.
- Develop social posts and assist with blog content to help promote Team Member stories and share industry relevant updates.
- Recommend resources to get the projects completed in the most productive and efficient manner across the enterprise. Research and gain knowledge in Job board tools and recruiting tactics.
- Assist the Human Resource Department with projects by researching and gathering data as instructed to
support the common goal.
- Assist with special projects in Human Resources to better understand our offerings and aid in improving
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$0
- Bachelors Degree Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations, Training & Development
- 0 to 6 months
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Continuous Learner
- Numeric Computation/Reporting
- Open to Feedback
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Project Management
- Written Communication
- Normal office environment
- Fax Machine