At H&R Block, talent acquisition is a very important function! Our team helps to hire and onboard upwards of 80,000 seasonal professionals every year in addition to our regular hiring, which means we are a critical and valued part of our business.
The Talent Acquisition Manager position is a part of the talent acquisition leadership team. In this role you will lead a team of top-notch recruiters and specialists to deliver recruitment results, as well as oversee recruitment projects and programs. Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership to a team of six to eight recruiters and specialists, supporting recruitment and recruitment programs for the corporate office and field positions
- Partner closely with business leaders and human resource partners to ensure team alignment with business needs
- Create and monitor measures and metrics to drive data driven decisions to improve efficiency and
effectiveness of the team
- Partner with the Recruitment Marketing Manager to drive creative pipeline building/sourcing strategies, and work with managers and company leadership to ensure hiring is a top priority
- Ensure team is effectively driving the hiring process for all roles. Pinpoint and help to remove any obstacles to recruiting progress
- Conduct interviews, make hiring decisions, coach and mentor, and provide performance management
- Serve as lead on strategic recruiting and cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Provide recommendations to improve our talent brand and partner to provide a remarkable candidate and employee experience
- Serve as a trusted advisor by building and maintaining external partnerships, acquiring market intelligence, and influencing solutions to achieve outcomes
- Manage vendor relationships and external consulting teams as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 5+ years of talent acquisition/recruitment experience (10+ years of total combined business experience)
- 2+ years people management experience and/or product/program management experience
- Effective leader; ability to grow, mentor and challenge others to do their best work every day
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities
- Strong presentation and influence skills to communicate with and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering high quality, consumable, and consistent metrics to hiring managers and executive teams
- Knowledge of applicable employment laws, policies, techniques; high degree of integrity and ability to exercise discretion.
- Thorough understanding of job market and hiring trends, and ability to adapt quickly to a changing hiring environment