At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
This job is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS) Tax Department, a division of Commercial Capital.
We are looking to fill a Tax Accountant role within CTS Tax Operations to perform the following tasks:
• Work within a team that is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of Debt Cost Basis record keeping and reporting for Wells Fargo Corporate Trust Service tax department. Heavy emphasis on the assets maintained in CTS trust accounts on the Trust 3000 system (SEI).
• Ensure accurate execution of tax policies and procedures to comply with tax laws and meet audit requirements for tax reporting including cost basis.
• Represent cost basis team in Business Line and Corporate Trust Tax meetings.
• Organize and lead efforts for system and process improvements for tax reporting.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in representing Corporate Trust Tax in the implementation of new or changing Regulatory requirements for tax.
• Assists with the preparation and execution of test scripts.
• Preform annual tax reporting tasks as needed in order to meet Regulatory deadlines.
• Cross-train on other department production functions and act in backup capacity when necessary.
• Develop high level of knowledge of tax reporting requirements.
• Prepare responses to audit requests.
• Demonstrate knowledge of technical tax withholding, reporting and compliance.
• Ability to independently evaluate tax issues and apply sound business judgment with moderate oversight.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills to communicate complex tax issues, opportunities and risks to non-tax experts in a clear and concise manner.
• Projects as assigned.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of tax and accounting experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Leadership experience
- Bachelors’ Degree, preferably in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance or equivalent experience;
- Experience in debt cost basis and tax information reporting;
- FATCA experience
- Ability to work independently and learn unfamiliar tasks and environments;
- Experience with Corporate Trust system platforms such as SEI and TranStar;
- Experience with navigating and running queries within Access Databases
- Experience in filing 1099 reports and 1042 reports to include the data capture, validation, production and distribution of these reports.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.