At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wholesale Tax Risk & Governance Team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, forward-thinking team member to assist with various responsibilities related to the Governance Program, Governance Relations, Tax Issues & Compliance Reporting focused on customer information tax. This role will be tasking with helping address the core compliance responsibilities of the tax program in a variety of capacities, including such items as metrics & reporting, policies and procedures, and issues management. The position is aligned to assist with the maintenance of the governance program which enables the Wholesale Tax Program across the Wholesale Banking Group to meet regulatory requirements related to customer information tax onboarding, withholding, and reporting. This position will assist in the following components of the governance program:
Tax Regulatory Interaction and Coordination
Performs the most complex tax accounting activities related to the preparation of federal, state and local tax returns and/or the financial statement accounting for income taxes. Prepares comprehensive tax workpapers, performs complex account analysis and looks for improvement in policies and procedures for the maintenance of tax-related records. Maintains high level of knowledge of federal and state income tax laws, rulings, regulations and judicial decisions and develops high level of expertise in assigned areas. Develops relationships with business units to support their business needs and objectives and provides consultation and advice on complex income tax issues. Performs analysis of complex transactions and researches opportunities to minimize income taxes and management of income tax risks. Performs tax research and takes leadership role in the collection and communication of information in response to inquiries from federal and state income tax auditors. May direct the work of less experienced staff. May be recognized as an expert in one or more areas of tax law.
- 8+ years of tax and accounting experience
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Solid negotiation skills
- 8+ years customer income tax experience including Chapter 3, Chapter 4 and 61
- Tax Controls, Information Reporting and Withholding Compliance and Audit
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical tax onboarding, withholding, reporting and required tax compliance
- Experience influencing processes, policies and procedures consistent with corporate values and tax laws
- Track record for implementing significant improvements to existing processes
- Ability to independently evaluate tax issues and apply sound business judgment with minimal oversight
- Juris Doctorate, Masters of Taxation or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification.
- Experience leading operations in a financial services environment including experience leading tax reporting teams through process design / reengineering initiatives with quantifiable results
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization including senior / executive management. Must be able to take complicated subject matters and effectively present recommendation and options
- Proven project management and coordination skills
- Demonstrated strong communication skills to communicate complex tax issues, opportunities, and risks to non-tax experts in a clear and concise manner.
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
DC-Washington: 1300 I St Nw - Washington, DC
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.