The Wholesale TaxTechnology Business Systems Consultant (BSC) will be responsible to document and interpret business/functional requirements for complex, long-term technology tax needs. The BSC, in partnership with Tax SME’s and LOBs will work to determine potential current / new solutions for various tax functions. The BSC will assist in identifying the right technology solution by gathering and reviewing business requirements, working with the technical architects to determine if a standard solution will work or if a custom solution is necessary. In their role as the primary interface between technology, Risk SMEs and Wholesale LOB’s as it relates to solution implementation, the BSC will identify, track and drive technology delivery and concerns. The BSC will be responsible to maintain regular contact with leadership within Technology and the Business areas, driving high quality regular communications and appropriate reporting and artifacts.
The preferred work location is Charlotte, NC. Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate to Charlotte, NC with no relocation assistanceRequired Qualifications
- 7+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- 3 + years of project management experience working on application development projects
- 3+ years of compliance and regulatory systems experience
- 1+ years of experience with tax onboarding, reporting and withholding systems or vendors
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Wholesale banking experience
- Knowledge and understanding of tax: reporting, filing, remittance, processing, initiatives, and strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of basic securities accounting
- Wells Fargo Enterprise Information Technology experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/MIS plus a minimum of 10 years of applicable experience and 10+ years of business systems analysis or design experience
- Solid experience in vendor platform management and large scale vendor system implementation
- Must demonstrate strong executive-level communications, presentations and problem-solving skills, ability to work with and influence various stakeholders, and juggle and shift gears among multiple priorities and processes
- Must demonstrate strong consulting, project management methodologies and analytical skills as well as proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Proven skill at adapting and learning about stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Experience working with compliance and risk professionals.
- High degree of proficiency in tactical and technical liaison techniques to ensure most effective working relationships with vendors
- Proficient in identifying Regulatory requirements, deficiencies and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to write clear concise requirements documents, create current and future state diagrams, conduct gap analysis, incorporate requirements and obtain client validation on business requirements
- Must demonstrate ability to develop and own software platform implementation plans, manage client expectations, track issues, risks and scope changes throughout all phases of assigned projects
- Some understanding of Wholesale Banking business (securities, lending, equipment finance etc.) related functions along with Compliance and Regulatory functions and related systems
- Self-starter with willingness to assume responsibility and drive towards delivering value based on organizational priorities; willingness to actively participate in accomplishing goals
- Able to apply sound judgment and initiative to accomplish assignments and deal effectively with ambiguity
- Highly motivated and organized; excellent attention to detail
- Tax/Regulatory reporting/client onboarding experience helpful
- Experience with implementing Third Party solutions and integration a big plus
- Must possess strong relationship management experience – delivering technology platform for Wholesale businesses/enterprise, working with one or more internal technology organizations while ensuring risk and business requirements are met.
- Will have proven track record as a change enabler – champion large scale technology platform changes in financial and/or risk arena as well as manage expectations for the successful delivery of applications
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal communication (written and verbal), organizational as well as project/product/business partner relationship skills. Must be able to steer conversations to meaningful interactions with vendors, users and management about needs, wants and requirements. Able to influence at senior level management and experience in developing and delivering upon strategic implementation roadmaps
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of complex regulatory and/or tax reporting functions and potential solutions and experience with manage large-scale initiatives including stakeholders across business and technical teams
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.