At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health care system work better for everyone. Our work is guided by five values: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. If you want to achieve more, you will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an Experienced Senior Tax Specialist, your focus will be on a variety of state tax matters impacting the enterprise, including state tax compliance, provision, controversy and special projects. You will also have opportunities to become involved with federal and international tax issues as well as M&A transactions.
The successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide variety of tax matters including:
- The preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions
- The timely and accurate preparation of federal and state income tax returns and quarterly estimates
- Assisting Tax leadership with M & A and other related projects
- Providing research support for the analysis of proposed and existing tax laws, regulations, and rulings
- Assisting with tax controversy matters, including audits and notices
- Prepare and review income tax accounting necessary for the organization’s federal (SEC) and state (Insurance Departments and Managed Healthcare) filings
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of tax or accounting experience in a public accounting firm or equivalent experience in a large corporate tax department
- Knowledge and understanding of state / local income and franchise tax laws and regulations
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong computer literacy including intermediate proficiency with MS Excel
- Understanding of federal and state taxes
- Experience using pertinent data and facts to identify, analyze and make recommendations to management on a range of issues within area of expertise
- CPA or graduate degree
- OneSource or equivalent income tax compliance software experience
- ASC 740 (Income tax accounting) experience
- SSAP 101 (Insurance tax accounting) experience
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.