JOB SUMMARY –
Writes, edits, and reviews articles for tax accuracy, and participates in projects and assignments that supports Tax Law and Policy Analysis initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Reviews articles, charts, and other materials for tax accuracy, updating current content.
- Proofs, edits and organizes content to ensure it facilitates reader understanding.
- Tailors content to the defined audience to ensure it meets the user’s needs, knowledge and experience level.
- Creates new articles, charts, and other materials
- Evaluates user feedback and make recommendations for enhancements to content based on that feedback.
- Independently researches and analyzes federal and state tax law in order to validate content for accuracy or draft new content.
- Monitors and analyzes tax law changes.
- Supports web content management, publishing content on the site.
- Responds to customer support inquiries from Tax Research Center users.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Circular 230 credential (attorney, EA or CPA)
- Operational knowledge of tax law, regulations, and other administrative guidance (personal, corporate, partnership, fiduciary, estate, and gift)
- Knowledge of tax research principles, procedures and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to research complex tax issues.
- Demonstrated writing skills in informational and educational materials.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse work group
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Minimum experience of 3 years as a tax pro or tax researcher.