H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Tax Preparer. This position is located at our St. Louis corporate office. The tax preparers located at our corporate office are an integral part of a centralized team of tax preparers providing tax preparation and review services to clients who’ve begun their individual tax returns using H&R Block’s do-it-yourself (DIY) program. The Tax Preparer reviews, corrects, signs and files tax returns began by DIY clients.
What you’ll do…
- Download and complete client tax returns through a virtual platform at our corporate office (No face-to-face client interaction.)
- Communicate with clients through a variety of mediums, including telephone and email.
- Analyze tax information provided by clients and deliver a timely and high-quality client experience
- Demonstrate tax expertise by completing accurate returns and dedication to impeccable client service by providing timely and helpful responses to client inquiries
- Research complex federal and state tax issues to ensure client’s tax returns are accurate and complete before filing
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring to the role…
- A minimum of one year of tax preparation experience preferred
- Degree in Accounting preferred OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to pass a tax knowledge assessment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
- Knowledge and experience with a Windows-based computer system
- Enrolled Agent, Attorney, or CPA? You are encouraged to apply!
About H&R Block…
The H&R Block purpose is simple. To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since the beginning when brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded the company in 1955. Since that time, we’ve grown to have company-owned and franchise retail locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, on U.S. military bases internationally and around the world and we serve taxpayers with approximately 12,000 retail offices and digital tax solutions.
Our company is forward thinking and innovative. Our leadership is accessible. Our associates are welcoming and bring unique and diverse perspectives. We believe we are better together. We are also curious, creative and determined to be the best we can be. Now that is something to feel great about!