H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a detail-oriented Tax QA Analyst – Seasonal to assist in the testing for both our online and retail tax office software. This is a very important function that is critical to the success of our business. This position is
located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light district of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away.
Seasonal associates are direct hires onto H&R Block’s payroll. This role has the potential to be a 10-month assignment and has a flex start time! Associates can begin their shift anywhere between 7am and 10am. You can be a full-time, 40 hour/week associate or part-time hours are available! As for the off season, many of our associates use the time to pursue other interests and training, then apply to return for a following season with us.
You can have a tax background or an IT background!
- Writes test plans, test cases, use cases, and test strategy documents in compliance with relevant organizational and industry standards.
- Creates clearly documented defect reports that enable problems to be recreated along with suitable workarounds.
- Articulates process improvement suggestions to support team efforts.
- Prepares and delivers presentations for communicating any of the above.
- Can construct complete/thorough manual test cases based on test design and thorough knowledge of the product and its environment. Consistently ensures high quality, thorough manual test cases that fully exercise product functionality, but consume minimal resources.
- Effectively uses test automation where appropriate and available to increase the thoroughness of testing.
- Executes end-to-end functional tests and utilizes automated tests developed by others to exercise system
- Can act as a customer advocate when investigating defects found in production. Champions customer requirements throughout the development process via the ability to function in the role of the customer, seeing problems as they are seen by the customer. Provides thorough review of product documentation to ensure it meets customer needs. Should be able to train others on the product and in testing. Design tests to represent the customer experience, including but not limited to the subtler uses of the product as represented by ongoing customer feedback and interaction.
- Create work plans for own deliverables. Creates clearly documented personal goals, plans, designs and results and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences. Compares, contrasts, and prioritizes alternative approaches to meeting those objectives.
- Use product familiarity and subject matter expertise to: identify, gather, analyze and document business requirements; create end user workflows; draft user-facing content; and document all using proprietary templates and style guidelines.
- Regular interaction with peers and manager regarding assigned project tasks.
- Collaborates to achieve end-to-end product and process quality.
- Contributes to end-to-end product testing strategy, focusing on the customer experience.
What you’ll bring to the team…
- Thoroughly understands software development life cycle principles and techniques.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the product functions and the marketplace in which it is sold. Applies that knowledge when developing test cases and throughout testing phase.
- Strong analytical and written communication skills.
- Software/hardware testing fundamentals including the concepts of both positive and negative testing. Hands on experience with representative technologies.
- Understands the software testing processes.
It would be even better if you also had…
- Tax Knowledge – has a good understanding of individual and/or business tax returns, experience in tax preparation, and the ability to manually calculate the outcome of a tax return
- May have technical knowledge at the code reading/debugging level, but not required.
- Experience with writing and executing automated tests.