Primary Location: MD-MDWindsor Mill-7131 Rutherford Rd
Function:Training Education Services
Our Teacher Assistant works one-on-one with an assigned student under the direction of a teacher and adjusts delivery of instruction and learning activities accordingly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
· Instructs students in a teacher’s absence, using the Behavior Management techniques to promote a smooth functioning classroom.
· Utilizes various teaching techniques when working with students on a one-on-one basis. Monitors student’s learning behavior progress.
· Instructs students when a teacher is involved in a team meeting or parent conference.
· Keeps on-going records of all students receiving one-on-one instruction and assists teachers and students in record keeping.
· Assists teachers on educational field trips.
· Participates as a member of the treatment team.
· Attends all staff meetings, and training opportunities provided by the agency.
· Uses behavior management system effectively with all students and works effectively with teachers to resolve conflict situations.
· Supports the teachers in the growth of student academic work.
· Provides for “On-Call” coverage on a rotating basis.
· Performs other related duties and activities as required
Qualifications: Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree required and one year related experience.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k), PTO and Holiday Pay
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 consumers in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.