Statement of Purpose:________________________________________________
This position is responsible for the assisting in planning and coordinating of full service catering events and catering deliveries for the region and other ad hoc request. In addition, the Catering Team Member will be responsible for further developing the overall catering business through networking, business-to-business sales tactics, and other marketing approaches.
- Provides overall support of catered events and catered deliveries.
- Supports and provides input on the planning, ordering, and delivering of products and items for catered events.
- Participates in all standard serving procedures including set-up, break down, trash disposal, and equipment maintenance.
- Ensures all food safety and quality assurance practices are followed at catered events.
- Responsible for supporting all cost control initiatives and achieving business metric expectations.
- Develops new and cultivates existing relationships with individuals and business to drive additional catering business.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills and experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Able to work in a team environment or with minimal supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent and/or culinary schooling preferred
- At least 1 years of restaurant/catering experience preferred
- Proficiency in Banquet Service Standards preferred
This position requires approximately 10% overnight and 50% day travel within Columbus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must maintain a valid state driver’s license at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.