Part time and full time positions may be available
POSITION REPORT TO: General Manager
POSITION LOCATION: Assigned Restaurant
DATE REVISED: May 2018
Statement of Purpose:________________________________________________
A dish tank operator is responsible for maintaining service efficiency through communication with the food servers, host/hostess and managers. Accountable for the cleanliness of the front and back of the house, restrooms and the exterior.
- Clears soiled dishes between guests with minimal noise. Delivers soiled dishes to the appropriate containers in the dish tank area.
- Cleans and sanitizes tables and chairs, in addition to maintaining cleanliness of property around the restaurant (i.e. foyer, front porch, sidewalk etc).
- Empties trash from the designated areas through-out shift. Cleans and stock restrooms every 30 minutes or as needed.
- Responsible for keeping the dish tank area maintained and seeing that cleaned dishes are constantly replenished.
- Removes cardboard and grease, and maintains the cleanliness of the parking lot.
- Works with other staff to ensure 100% guest satisfaction as it pertains to dining room cleanliness.
- May be asked to assist in other job categories as well.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize, good organizational skills
- 0-2 years related experience
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- General knowledge of commercial dishwashing is preferred, but not required
- At least 18 years of age
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 60 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.