At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
As Wholesale Technology and its predecessor, Commercial Lending and Wholesale Lending Technology organizations, have continued to grow, the need for a streamlined structure has arisen to simplify the operating model and to continue to deliver at scale on a rapidly growing book of business. The new Accounting, Servicing and Specialty Lending Technology organization is poised to add a Technology Division Executive to add significant contribution to the overall Wholesale Lending transformation program which will include platform modernization and standardization.
This leader will actively partner with operations and business line senior executives in long-range strategic planning to ensure integration and partnership with enterprise wide technology strategies. Integration consists of over 250 applications across Wholesale and the Enterprise including the primary Payments, Finance and Regulatory Reporting systems. Decisions carry significant risk to the organization, regulatory environments and impact to external customers while applications have significant interdependencies and interface with multiple channels and systems of record.
This leader is responsible for developing and maintaining strategic direction and roadmaps for the Commercial Loan Accounting and Servicing Platforms as horizontal services as well as Commercial Mortgage Solutions (CMS), Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Capital Finance and Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) as vertical LOBs. This would include the selection, simplification, transformation, adoption and implementation of systems and applications to meet ever changing business and regulatory demands.
Significant improvements in customer experience are expected via additional customer facing web capabilities, more consistent experience across products/sub-LOBs, faster response time for credit decisions, increased digitization, etc.
This leader must build and maintain strong relationships with executives and senior leaders in the businesses they support and senior leadership within ECIO and the broader EIT. Other responsibilities will include…
- Manage policy development to address complex business issues.
- Provide strategic level consultation to LOB management regarding long and short range business requirements and recommends innovations which anticipate the future directions of both business and information technology.
- Manage and allocate technology professionals and financial resources to ensure that projects are completed within committed time and budget and align with strategic objectives.
- Define technology strategy/roadmap, provide strategic technology perspective to technology and business executive management and recommend innovations, aligned with short term & long-term business/customer requirements, enterprise priorities and industry trends.
- Broker/author for technology solutions that efficiently and effectively meet business needs leveraging enterprise technology services with a bias towards consistency, standards and common solutions. Provide re-usable, scalable and secure solutions that can be leveraged across the organisation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other functional areas in the Enterprise CIO group and across EIT.
- Partner closely with technology and business leaders to ensure that technology initiatives are aligned with business, enterprise and EIT priorities.
- Provide senior technology perspective on industry trends, competitive landscape and market/regulatory changes leveraging industry contacts, vendors, and strategic technology partner relationships.
- Assess current staff capabilities, identify talent gaps, and execute talent management actions aligned with human capital strategy.
- 12+ years of experience in the following: technology development, application development, and implementation
- 7+ years of management experience, in development and implementation
- Experience managing large or multiple technology development efforts within a major line of business
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the executive level
- 10+ years of experience leading highly technical teams and deliverables across diverse application technology environments
- 7+ years of budget management experience
- 5+ years of executive leadership experience managing a complex, large scale technology organization including senior managers, managers, individual contributors and vendor resources across multiple global locations
- 5+ years managing mission critical applications and business partnerships in one more of the following areas: Capital Finance, Asset Backed Finance, Commercial Mortgage or Commerical Loan Accounting Systems
- Relevant prior experience for delivering technology services and solutions in a large dynamic financial service business segment with proven track record of developing and maintaining the highest availability standards for large scale, core banking platforms
- Ability to effectively drive and lead change in an organization with Wells Fargo’s size, scale and complexity
- Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing and retaining a high performing team of leaders, strong technical experts and high performing professionals in a cultural environment that achieves results through team member engagement and satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large portfolio of technology efforts across several major lines of business and effectively partner/influence at the senior executive level
- Demonstrated strong business and technology acumen with knowledge and understanding of the financial, operational, technical and regulatory drivers impacting a complex and dynamic global technology environment
- Ability to develop and implement technology strategy, operating model & roadmaps with clear objectives and aligned with business, enterprise and technology strategies
- Broad experience across multiple areas of technology including one or more of architecture, infrastructure and application development with strong understanding of leading edge as well as legacy and distributed technologies to effectively manage the complex and diverse applications portfolio
- Highly effective critical thinking and decision-making skills with a collaborative and results oriented leadership style
- Demonstrated ability to consult with key business partners and translate complex, technical concepts so that they are clearly understood in support of sound decisions to meet business objectives
- Demonstrated experience motivating and influencing groups or individuals across organizational boundaries to gain trust and confidence to make timely decisions
- Demonstrated vendor negotiation and partnership skills
- Excellent communication with ability to communicate at multiple levels ranging from technologists to senior managers and executive leadership
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.