At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're getting the word out on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. And that's where you come in. As a Technical Product Analyst, you'll strategically and creatively think about how the consumer experience should work - translating a vision to processes and requirements that impact millions of lives and help heal the health care system. In return, you'll have a lasting impact on our success and the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader.
As a Technical Product Analyst, you will be vital to our success and drive future growth. In this role you will provide leadership in the management and development of products. You will be empowered to do your best to establish collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders gather accurate requirements and evaluate product performance to enhance our mission of helping people live healthier lives.
The Technical Product Analyst is responsible for working with business partners and a wide variety of stakeholders to gather requirements, establish product roadmaps, coordinate planning with other development teams and manage backlogs. This Technical Product Analyst role requires the ability to understand technology solutions and communicate with stakeholders from many functional areas in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Work with product stakeholders to elicit, analyze, and define software product requirements
- Maintain Technical Product Backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority as communicated by the Business Product Manager
- Works closely with Business Product Manager to represent capabilities and features at team level
- Actively facilitate product backlog grooming sessions, retrospectives, defect management and project teams release planning sessions
- Work directly and provide technical product requirements to Agile scrum teams and drive technical product delivery
- Identify and define technical product requirements that align to product strategy for moderately complex problems
- Ensure requirements traceability to product capabilities
- Define non-functional technical requirements
- Seeking individual with strong research and analysis skills, able to define technical product requirements to solve complex business and operational problems and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- 4+ years of experience with software requirements definition
- 1+ years of experience with Scaled Agile Framework
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience as a Systems Analyst / Business Analyst
- Experience within the healthcare industry
- Experience preparing for, and leading, iteration planning meetings
- Competency in prioritization based on business needs
- Self - starter who understands how to effectively deal with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Strong analytical skills; including the ability to interpret customer needs into application and operational requirements via user stories and acceptance criteria
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to colleagues, clients and management
- Attention to detail and follow - through
- Mentored or managed team members in the past
- IT background with business experience
- Persistently pursue information and overcome roadblocks
- Experience defining technical product requirements in an ambiguous setting
Transforming health care and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: healthcare, technical product analyst, software requirements defining, agile, SAF, analyst, Eden Prairie, MN