Be a driver of change and run part of the marketing machine at Optum. Optum is part of UnitedHealth Group and a key leader across most major segments of the U.S. health care system. For you, that means working on high performance, elite teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm) This role will lead the management of technical products and services supporting Healthcare population management and provider measurement. The primary customers of these products are Payer and large Provider organizations. Primary Responsibilities:
- Partner with executive level leaders to define and grow your product
- Support defining your products strategy (ROI, Business Case)
- Support the defining of your product users
- Ensure your products market problems are understood
- Manage the capability execution roadmap for your product
- Maintain a backlog of projects for your product
- Define the scope of work for your projects
- Define the Feature level Business Requirements for your projects
- Ensure that the Feature level requirements are entered into Rally
- Create the projects execution roadmap
- Define the Scope of Program Increments / Releases
- Ensure that user stories to address the market problem are effectively prioritized to solve the priority problems
- Ensure a backlog of requirements for your product is maintained
- Evaluate requirements and test results as the projects mature through the SDLC
- Product and project readiness prior to implementation
- Assess the products and projects effectiveness post implementation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of Product Management/ Product Owner experience
- Business or Systems Requirements development experience
- Experience with MS Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Experienced working in an SDLC environment
- Master's degree in business or technology
- Experience creating a roadmap of capability execution
- Healthcare experience
- The person will have experience with product management, overseeing requirements gathering, and execution of roadmaps.
- The person would help with any launch readiness tasks and any OSAM or project management tasks that our project managers require.
- We would like for the person to have some healthcare experience, and preferably have experience with analytics, clinical, and/or healthcare informatics type of software products .
- I would like for the person to be the liaison between Symmetry and Impact regarding analytics, so we can use the individual to bring the parties together or provide information back and forth as roadmaps evolve . The person would also help/facilitate the identification of dependencies between the two suites.
- We would like for the person to help with business questions about Symmetry/Ipro/II (questions that don’t require deep subject matter expertise) and sometimes cover Symmetry and ipro sales product presentations. A good level of product understanding needs to be achieved to support this area.
- The main locations are Eden Prairie and Boston; my preference would be Eden Prairie so the individual could be with the Symmetry and informatics teams, but either location would work.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.