First Student is a leader in transportation of children K-12. As the largest provider of student transportation in North America, First Student is more than twice the size of the next largest competitor. Industry-leading safety programs, strong customer relationships and service record are the key differentiators.
First Student is currently hiring for a Technical Project Manager. In this role you will manage the planning, design, development, and implementation of First Student IT projects. You will be responsible for delivery of all assigned projects within time, cost and scope/quality defined boundaries, in accordance to the First Group America Project Management Methodology. You will lead project teams to deliver solutions addressing customer requirements, and also apply rigorous project management methodology to initiate, plan, execute, control, and close out all assigned initiatives.
This is a great opportunity to enhance your skill set, grow and contribute with a dynamic company.
- Manages team that may include remote members to deliver solutions.
- Leads project team in defining the project deliverables, milestones, resource plan, and schedule.
- Creates project financial expense plan, tracking and reporting variances throughout project.
- Leads project team in implementing/applying standard processes for change management, risk management, issue management, quality assurance, and project communications.
- Manages execution of project schedule, reporting variances along with planned corrective action.
- Provides timely and accurate status reporting to project stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains high performance teams through own actions and direction provided to others.
- Provides leadership through all phases of the project, motivating the project team to meet project goals.
- May support contract negotiations by providing subject matter expertise and requirements.
- Negotiates with other business groups and external vendors to obtain appropriately skilled human resources for project.
- Ensures project closes effectively through production turnover, documentation of lessons learned and provision of feedback on project resource performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project management certification (e.g. Masters Certificate or PMP) preferred.
- 5-8 years experience.
- Prefer experience with SDLC and delivering Commercial Software Package and Custom Application Development projects
- Experience managing mobile development projects in IOS/Android
- At least 4 years of recent project management experience, with a successful track record for the delivery of projects.
- Experience using PMI/PRINCE 2 based processes to manage projects.
- A proven ability to inspire and coordinate the talents of multidisciplinary teams.
- Creative approach to problem solving and management of projects.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influence, negotiation, organization and communication skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project and Office applications required.
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.