Fleet Maintenance Technician Trainer & Quality Control Supervisor
Maintenance Technician Trainer & Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for creating and implementing training programs for the technicians and other maintenance staff. Under general direction of the Assistant Manager for Maintenance, ensures the development of maintenance processes and procedures to ensure “Best Practices” are consistently adhered to at First transit.
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment
Fleet Maintenance Technician Trainer & Quality Control Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, and monitor maintenance training programs within the maintenance area
- Identify and assess future and current maintenance training needs for location maintenance staff
- Create testing and evaluation processes
- Deploy a wide variety of maintenance training methods and provide ongoing employee development support
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and provide reports
- Provide opportunity for ongoing development
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor maintenance programs as necessary
- Maintain a keen understanding of maintenance training trends, developments and best practices
- Audits and reviews maintenance records.
- Other duties as assigned
Fleet Maintenance Technician Trainer & Quality Control Supervisor requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of maintenance training experience (preferably in public transit)
- Direct experience in transit bus preventative maintenance and repair
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs
- Familiarity with traditional and modern maintenance training methods
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding maintenance and safety
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Good verbal, written, and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills; proven ability to successfully stimulate, moderate, and manage small and large groups.
- Understands group dynamics and provides a positive learning environment
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.