At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their
dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join
our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo
customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than
12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers
directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer
and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive
advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and
engaged team members.
This position will lead the vision and roadmap acceleration to transform the data assets that support Wells Fargo Home Lending lines of businesses to their future state in alignment with the Enterprise Data Blueprint. This position will lead several groups that currently provide data development and data delivery services to several lines of business and help mature their data management capability. The positions will provide leadership and direction in the following for the respective lines of business
- Lead and Develop the creation of the Target State Roadmap
- Lead the delivery of the Enterprise Data Blueprint Transformation
- Lead the transformation of Agile/Speed to Market delivery
- Source System Transformation and simplification of Data and Application assets
- Aligning the distribution of data to the Loan Transaction Management Strategy
- Enhancing Consistency and Maturity of Data Management
This new role also needs to make sure EIT continues to develop and maintain a strong relationship with the leaders and consumers of data within the Wells Fargo Home Lending Lines of Business.
Functions managed in this role include the following:
- Data Management Thought Leadership
- Data (ETL, BI, Data Delivery) Design & Development
- Planning & Demand Management
- Production SLA Performance Oversight of existing data assets
- Release management
- Project delivery
- Regulatory compliance
- Activities related to Safety & Soundness of Data Assets
- Capacity planning
- Vendor integration
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of Mortgage and would have led several data initiatives to enable more mature data management.Required Qualifications
- 12+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of management experience in technology
- A Master's degree or higher
- 10+ years of data warehouse experience
- 7 + years of technology management experience
- Management experience including large/multiple application development efforts within a small-to-medium size line of business
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Big Data experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Big Data
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years of experience leading multiple projects
- 5+ years of experience leading enterprise wide projects
- Knowledge and understanding of data management and infrastructure production engineering leadership, this includes delivering reliable and responsive systems, and discipline to continually root out issues at the core
- Knowledge and understanding of data management concepts, process, tools, and environments
- Knowledge and understanding of data trade data management for reporting and quantitative analytics
- Experience managing large or multiple technology development efforts within a medium size line of business
- Experience managing Data Integration and Transformation Efforts
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the peer/senior/executive level
- Experience supporting senior level leaders/executives
- Experience coaching and developing managers
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to develop and execute vision, strategies, and goals
- Ability to manage vendor partnerships for products or services including: contract negotiation, oversight, and SLA management
- Ability to motivate teams to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience effectively interacting with a variety of contacts, primarily with others at the senior/executive level
- Demonstrated Data Management Thought Leadership
- Knowledge and Experience in evolving Data Management and related technologies like Big Data, Data Security and leveraging data for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning usage
- 10+ years technology leadership experience including experience managing technical teams of 50 to 100 resources and proven ability to manage effectively in a cross-functional matrixed environment
- 10+ years of experience managing a line technology function, such as Systems Development/Application Development/Platform management/Data Development in areas for high-availability systems
- Experience in leading transformation from Waterfall to Agile delivery
- Experience development and maintaining ODS, Data Marts/ Data Warehouses
- Track-record of Execution & Delivery Leadership of large-scale, complex projects, multi-dependencies across projects, technologies and diverse technology teams and business teams.
- Proven leadership in developing high performance teams and an extraordinary leadership team culture for large, geographically diverse and global technical teams. Success in leading through change, developing team members, expanding teams, and optimizing organizational structure, building team bench strength and team engagement.
- Proven ability to create technology strategy and clearly articulate the target state using expert technology and business domain knowledge, including the execution roadmap, costs, benefits and risks.
- Documented track record of solid success in production management/support and continuous improvements of applications of similar criticality, size and complexity. For example, SLA performance, total cost of technology efficiencies, implementation quality & timeliness.
- Must be an outstanding communicator, collaborator and relationship builder and have strong problem solving and negotiation skills. This individual will have expert leadership and meeting facilitation skills, including proficiency in building consensus, driving out ambiguity, defining achievable tasks, measuring progress, and focusing teams on practical delivery.
- Strong financial management experience, with proven track record of driving efficiency improvements with budget responsibility of $15MM+ per year.
- Strong experience in domestic, near-shore and offshore staffing growth and management.
- Understanding of the Consumer Lending industry
- Understanding of technology architecture and expertise in driving discussions to ensure the right balance between business benefits and alignment with the technology roadmap.
- Demonstrated knowledge of large financial services business and data domains.
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-Tempe: 1305 W 23rd St - Tempe, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.