DescriptionThe Technology M&A Professional 2 performs research, IT financial analysis and modeling in advance of an acquisition in order to identify risks and synergy opportunities associated with a Target company's organization, technology capabilities, processes, applications, and infrastructure. The Technology M&A Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Technology M&A Professional 2 makes recommendations regarding the technology impact of possible mergers, acquisitions and divestitures on the organization's profitability. Conducts appropriate due diligence to ensure the reliability of information provided by potential acquisition targets. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
Against that backdrop we are currently seeking a mission-driven and consumer-oriented individual for the role of Merger & Acquisition Technology Analyst to continue to support Humana’s corporate development efforts and our mission to help our members achieve lifelong well-being.Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Participates in due diligence site visits focused on identifying functional and technical strategy, organizational structures, current state business processes, vendor relationships and supporting technologies.
- Provides support to functional and technology assessments during due diligence planning, integration, and post close execution management of M&A transactions
- Supports the development of Blueprints, Roadmaps and manage the transaction in key areas (e.g. Finance, Contracts, Apps, Data, Infrastructure, Security, Etc.)
- Contributes to the assessment and gap identification in strategic areas of focus, helping identify potential acquisition targets to close gaps and engaging with the Corporate Development team to execute.
- Building due diligence questionnaires across the technology stack
- Documenting findings for applications, data, infrastructure, security, network, telecommunication, organization, people, contracts
- Creating due diligence summaries of findings, synergy opportunities, cost implications, risks, issues
- Support is typically provided across the M&A lifecycle, from target screening, to due diligence, to integration to divestiture
Ideal Candidate ProfileThe successful candidate will have 5-7+ years of broad and deep analysis experience. This will include 2 or more years’ experience engaged with M&A-related IT integration and separation projects, and a proven track record of providing business, technical and financial analysis support to IT Integration teams. This person will also possess strong financial acumen and hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e., Operations Management, MIS, IT). Direct experience working with the healthcare industry with providers, payers, technology providers desired.In addition, the following experience, qualifications, and personal attributes are sought:
- Adaptable to Change (e.g. there will be ambiguity)
- Fungible skillset to be leveraged across functions within IT to support execution activities
- Technical, Business and Financial Analysis expertise
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Provides tactical support to M&A teams conducting assessments, analysis, design, development, testing and deployment
- Ability to assess current-state or develops future-state requirements / designs
- Proficiency at articulating (both in writing and verbally) key messages effectively
- Skilled in collaboration and diplomacy to ensure effective working relationships across matrixed teams
- Experience working with and supporting M&A engagements, including but not limited to stranded cost analysis, risk and information security management, business continuity during transformation, synergy identification and capture, and system migrations.
- Proven ability to work closely with the line of business owners to understand the underlying business objectives, processes and technologies being used within an organization to be able to contribute to recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
- Subject matter expertise across critical components of business and technology domains (e.g. innovation, enterprise risk and compliance, data management and governance, information security, strategic sourcing, applications, IT operations, IT finance, end-user computing, messaging, enterprise architecture, and testing)
- Ability to travel up to 60% required
Scheduled Weekly Hours40