About Enterprise Information Technology (EIT)
Technology at Wells Fargo is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) team leads technology for one of the highest market cap financial services institutions in the world, helping 76.6 million customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day, helping more end-customers every day – both in the United States and across the globe – than any other division in our company.
Enterprise Information Technology at Wells Fargo offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. Through technology and operations services, EIT interacts with customers more than 12 billion times a year through branch, mobile, online, ATM and telephone transactions. EIT impacts customers directly through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through Wells Fargo business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers financial needs. EIT strives to be a competitive advantage for the company and effective information management is one example of where we can take our capabilities to a new level of excellence.
The EIT team helps customers directly every time they do business with the company, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of channel. EIT also helps customers by remaining trusted partners working with all lines of business (LOB) to develop and deliver value-added products and services. To do this, EIT draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, Innovation, & Community Banking (PVSI & CB) business group was created recently to leverage and build on our strengths to deliver compelling and game changing experiences for our customers. The launch of this business division brought together six lines of businesses: Consumer Credit Solutions, Deposit Products Group, Innovations, Operations, Treasury Management and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels. The PVSI & Community Banking (PVSI & CB) technology organization is focused on bringing together technology teams across the firm focused on delivering the next generation of payments capabilities, advancing digital offerings, enabling innovation to develop new customer experiences & products and enhancing branch, contact center & ATM technology.
The PVSI & CB groups play a critical role in enabling our business partners through technology solutions. The organizational models for these teams are designed to more effectively manage our portfolio of applications, govern enterprise IT, manage risk, simplify our technology offerings, and execute on our business partners’ priorities with enhanced time to market.
The Customer, Deposits, Fraud and Debit Card team, part of PVSI, is looking for a senior leader to help grow and expand our space. This role will be responsible for managing multiple Fraud platforms, process and controls, governance, and support.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing large scale enterprise platforms covering multiple LOB’s, building and managing teams with diverse locations including offshore. They should have strong technical background with a consistent path of taking on more responsibility. The candidate will have experience in the areas related to the technological solutions to the prevention, detection and resolution of fraud. A background in transforming organizations to a lean/agile environment is a strong plus.
- You will lead a team of US and offshore resources in addition to contracted resources augmenting team for our fraud platforms
- Help define technology strategy/roadmap, provide strategic technology perspective to technology and business executive management and recommend innovations, aligned with short term & long-term business/customer requirements, enterprise priorities and industry trends in the fraud space.
- Engage, partner and enhance relationships with existing vendors.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with both tech and line of business leaders.
- Partner closely with technology and business leaders to ensure that technology initiatives are aligned with business, enterprise and EIT priorities
- Provide senior technology perspective on industry trends, competitive landscape and market/regulatory changes leveraging industry contacts, vendors, and strategic technology partner relationships.
- Manage and mentor team including performance reviews, compensation decisions and talent planning
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 5+ years of management experience in an IT environment
- 6+ years of leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Agile experience
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to manage efforts that require integration of multiple technology systems, operations, or processes
- Ability to manage multiple technology development efforts
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology process management improvements
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Ability to manage large scale program initiatives in a complex environment
- Good attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Financial services industry experience
- 6+ years managing a cross functional multi location team including offshore
- Understanding of Lean programming and TDD concepts
- Fraud services or financial crimes technical leadership experience
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.