We are seeking for an experienced Technology Manager to join the Model Risk Technology group for Wells Fargo & Company. As a member of the Risk and Finance technology team, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of technology professionals in four locations: Charlotte, Phoenix, Bangalore and Hyderabad. Risk and Finance CIO organization provides technology to several lines of businesses including Risk, Compliance, Finance, Audit and Legal with a combined technology spend in excess of $500+MM annually and is a 1100+ person global organization
The Model Risk Technology Manager has senior level responsibility leading end to end technology delivery for the Model Risk line of business. Model Risk is responsible for validation of Models developed across Wells Fargo and Model Risk management systems. This position will serve as a key senior leader on the CTO leadership team and will play a critical role in the upcoming Model Risk transformation and building the road map for systems and applications in this space. This role will be responsible for executing against the Model Risk technology platform infrastructure and tools strategy through emerging technology in the model development space to address the requirements for validating Models of Statistical, ML and AI in nature. Also supports the day to day operations of mission critical Model Risk technology platform. Success in this role requires managing and/or leveraging a set of critical services (e.g. PMO, Application Architects, QA, Platform Management) to continually evolve and improve technology delivery.
This leader must build and maintain strong relationships with other functional areas in the Enterprise CIO group and across EIT (e.g. Technology Infrastructure, Chief Operating Office, and Technology Risk Management) as well as critical enterprise partners (e.g. Enterprise Information Security, Enterprise Data & Analytics, Enterprise Global Services, Corporate Risk, Corporate Finance, HR, Communications). This leader will be delivering services across multiple priorities and be required to have strong resource management discipline. Must be able to dynamically allocate appropriate people and financial resources to ensure that projects are completed within committed time and budget and align with strategic objectives. This role is the senior accountable owner for the in scope application portfolio ensuring strong technology operational risk management and compliance while also driving application portfolio rationalization, optimization and modernization. Strong leadership skills are required to help lead the work required to align to the Enterprise Data Management Policy and standards in parallel with a major transformation from legacy technology platforms to a new SaaS delivery model.
Note: Work location is 301 S. Tryon St., Charlotte, NCRequired Qualifications
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 5+ years of management experience in an IT environment
- 10+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- 5+ years of experience with credit risk technology systems
- 5+ years of credit risk-related data experience
- 5+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and Map
- 2+ years of experience in planning and managing cloud application migration and large scale cloud platform deployment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 5+ years of data management experience
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Ability to manage large-scale initiatives including stakeholders across business and technical teams
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder, partner, or client needs while consulting, building solutions, and developing processes
- 5+ years of experience in technologies like Python, R, Scala, ML/AI tools for Model Development like Data robot, Domino Data, IBM Data Science Experience or others.
- 4+ years of experience working with data scientists to enable technology tools needed to understand the data, develop features, design statistical models and optimize algorithms.
- 3+ years of Experience in building technology roadmaps, application rationalization
- Working knowledge of compute, Storage and networking infrastructures and experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies
- Transport Layer Security / SSL principles and management
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.