This position must sit in one of our main locations- Charlotte, Des Moines, Minneapolis, St. Louis, or Phoenix/Chandler. This role will support enterprise technology projects and programs focused on either application development or IT infrastructure.
This role will be in support of enterprise technology application, infrastructure, architecture, or platform services. A successful candidate will have prior experience leading technology application or infrastructure projects. The projects from these groups focus on technology delivery and performance across the enterprise and Wells Fargo’s global footprint. From voice and data networking to distributed systems, storage, cloud and mainframe computing, the focus of these organizations is to ensure simplification, standardization, safety and soundness of our technology environments to meet the needs of our business partners.
EIT Group PMO (EIT GPMO) Overview:
The EIT GPMO drives standardization, scalability and consistency across Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) within project and program management services and functions. We provide best in class portfolio management and project execution on behalf of our business and technology partners. With focus on our partners, team members and execution excellence, we are comprised of three different groups:
- Portfolio Management Team:
With the ability to analyze both broadly across the portfolios and deeper into specific portfolios, our PMO leaders work with the CIOs and service domain leaders to ensure investments are effectively managed and in alignment with our vision.
- Portfolio Performance and Operations (PPO) Team:
Partners with the Portfolio Management team to drive execution across the EIT portfolio. The PPO team provides project managers, program managers, project coordinators and strategic support in delivering the Portfolio Management team’s assigned portfolio. Maximizes value for Wells Fargo stakeholders through global capabilities in program management, project management and project coordinator services.
This role will fall in either the Portfolio Performance and Operations team or the Portfolio Management team and will:
- Lead project teams and managing all activities in a project life-cycle (initiation, planning, executing/controlling, and closing) associated with projects that are across multiple departments within a line of business segment and medium risk, scope and complexity.
- Consult with business partners to clarify and define project requirements and business case, including development of a statement of work.
- Develop and revises project plans and budgets, works with users to understand complex problems and focuses on bringing issues to resolution, escalating as necessary to meet timelines.
- Create and deliver presentations to mid-senior level management on project goals and plans, including progress reports.
- May be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors.
- May manage a group of projects associated with a specific business function.
- Perform project risk analysis.
- May lead project staff, including training and providing input to performance evaluations.
- May directly or matrix manage1 or 2 project staff
The team is comprised of leaders in delivering quality technical solutions with efficiency by leveraging and enhancing the services, methods and tools in our space. This role requires interaction with all levels of the organization in Enterprise Information Technology (EIT), business leadership, and third party vendors.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years of Governance and Compliance experience
- 3+ years of relationship management experience with business and technology partners
- 2+ years of experience managing and reporting on project financials
- 7+ years of experience managing project scope, schedule and cost
- 4+ years of experience identifying, documenting, escalating and resolving issues
- 1+ years of experience managing stakeholders
- 3+ years of risk identification and documentation experience
- 1+ years of experience leading matrixed resources
- 2+ years of experience leading multiple workstreams, applications, or deliverables
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of technology project management
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management
- Release management exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: leading large scale technology projects
- Wells Fargo project management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, processes, and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of technology project management: large, cross platform projects and programs
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Project skills
- SharePoint experience
- Exposure to Wells Fargo STAMP (System Time-reporting, Accounting Management for Projects)
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Project Methodology (EPM)
- Exposure to Wells Fargo CREST (Comprehensive Reporting Estimating and Sizing Tool)
- Project Management Universal Workstation (PMUWS) experience
- Matrix Management experience, leading project resources i.e vendor resources, development, testing resources to meet project deadlines
- Experience managing budgets >= $1,000,000 annually
- Experience managing Enterprise-wide projects (multiple business lines and technologies)
- Agile Methodology Experience
- Consulting experience
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.