UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
An individual in the Architecture job family is a strategic resource for UnitedHealth Group. This individual could be involved across many aspects of architecture, design, build, engineering and implementation of technical solutions and capabilities providing technical leadership. Responsible for communicating overall architecture vision, technical strategies, and trade-offs across various levels in the organization to gain buy-in. Will provide recommendations, designs and technical guidance to improve performance, reliability, and reusability within the constraints of budget, resource and business dependencies. In base and mid-level roles, engages across teams in a capacity that ranges from assisting on in-flight initiatives, up to technical briefings and demonstrations of new technologies across the organization. In senior level roles, leads business solutions, capabilities, and is a strong influencer that engages with client executives and both business and IT stakeholders.
- Collaborate with domain business and technology architecture leads and portfolio/program delivery team to plan out and execute a strategic domain delivery roadmap and pipeline of solution architecture projects or staffing needs
- Use a consultative, agile approach to solving problems that support business, technology and financial strategies
- Collaborate with our business partners/product managers to understand / influence business requirements, capability and feature definition
- Demonstrate understanding of cross - functional / cross - domain requirements and impacts
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies / products / trends related to architectural strategies. Utilize those findings to influence our technology solution design
- Facilitate / lead / participate in solution option analysis and prepare related diagrams, impacts and estimates for business cases
- Create architecture deliverables that describe the solution that other teams can learn from
- Ensure alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps, capital plans)
- Present and justify solution architecture designs to architecture leaders and CIO’s
- Identify gaps between established standards and proposed solutions, and follow the exception / waiver process as needed as part of the architecture governance model
- Lead a small architecture team and mentor solution architecture talent to drive solutions that cover multiple business domains
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of senior level professional staff
- Impact of work is most often at the operational or local business unit or market level
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in IT Solution Delivery with at least 2 years in Agile Delivery methods
- 6+ years of hands - on experience in delivering software solutions
- 4+ years in a role that made decisions across an enterprise, and not just one or two business units
- Deep understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration including cloud and digital
- Experience with technology project estimation techniques and familiarity with financial terminology
- Experience designing and delivering solutions that meet service levels, protect and secure our data and privacy commitments, and are easy to use
- Experience presenting solution vision/direction in front of a large audience, and motivate that audience to deliver on a shared vision
- Healthcare insurance industry experience
- Big 4 consulting/professional services experience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Technology Solution Architect, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Hartford, CT, Connecticut