BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Telecommunications Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining BJ’s voice architecture, disaster recovery planning, design & implementation, and development plans, as well as leading the operational development and integration of key products and technologies within the company’s IT enterprise voice infrastructure for data centers, home office, clubs, and distribution centers. This includes management tools, voice & video, and all other current and emerging communications technologies. In addition, this position will also be responsible for senior level operations escalations, maintaining documentation to current standards and on call engineering support for BJ’s production networks and voice services. This position will be tasked to drive the development and maintenance of the company’s voice product and service roadmaps, disaster recovery plan, participate in new technology assessments and selection, and the development of junior technical support staff. This role will perform other tasks and/or responsibilities as assigned including:
- IT Vendor Management to include management of KPI's, development teams, and overall governance
- Maintenance and upgrades to all call manager technology and support tools (e.g. scripts), reports, etc.
- Maintaining the Continuous Process and Operational Improvements into various systems, through actions such as working on support KPI's, SLA's and metrics reporting (such as creating methodologies, templates, and process improvements)
- Design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for VoIP installations as necessary
- Provides day-to-day support, proactive maintenance, and performs independent complex system troubleshooting
- Identifies capacity and performance issues to ensure Quality of Service
- Identifies single points of failure and assists in disaster recovery design and planning effort.
- Assists the Network Engineer team in planning, design, tasks, and projects as needed
- Hands-on Technical Experienced telecommunications Manager to assist in the migration design, and future support of new VoIP based services on-premise & cloud deployment. This position will serve as the subject matter expert and will be responsible for all aspects of IP-based telephone systems for the enterprise voice network.
- 10 years of experience designing, supporting, and/or implementing enterprise-class Complex VoIP, Video, and TDM-based voice networks
- Network and Voice certification (CCNA, CCNP, ACS, ACE) will be a big plus
- BS/BA Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding and experience with MPLS, Broadband, 4G Network WAN technologies in Active / Active & Active / Passive configuration
- Hands-on experience with voice and data products including Cisco, Avaya, Polycom phones, cloud/SIP based VoIP services, and video conferencing/UCS systems
- Hands-on experience with voice PBX – Nortel BCM, Nortel Norstar, IPOffice, & Vertical
- Understanding of Voice/VoIP service provisioning methods, service delivery, SLA metrics, and procedures
- Experience designing, configuring and or troubleshooting large enterprise MPLS converged (voice, video & data) networks
- Experience and or a solid understanding of QoS/CoS policies and priority queuing - WAN & LAN
- Experienced with VOIP protocols and Codecs SIP, RTP, T.38 G.711 G.729.a, H.323
- Understanding and experience with Cloud VOIP and Network technologies
- Understanding of enterprise architectures, routing, and transport protocols IPSLA & Netflow monitoring/management
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.