Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's positive. And it's being led by companies like UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our Provider Services group, the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
The Telephone Operator operates clinic switchboard, provides routine information, and directs calls to appropriate area in a medical office. Responsible for handling up to 250 inbound calls per day and directing them to the appropriate individual.
- Channels all incoming calls and routes calls to appropriate departments
- Responds to emergency calls according to established procedures
- Communicates general clinic information
- Organizes and efficiently handles switchboard material
- Uses paging system according to procedure
- Responsible for communicating with telephone repair service and maintenance of all voicemail messages and extension information
- Updates telephone directory and maintain listings of all phone extensions
- Responsible for updating the answering services as necessary of changes in the call schedule
- Assists in care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies
- Maintains confidential information
- Performs miscellaneous data entry and clerical duties in between calls
- 6 months switchboard experience
- High school graduation or GED
- Experience working in a Healthcare or Clinic setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with Centrix Telephone system
- Previous Office Administrative experience
- Previous Customer Service experience
At New Pueblo Medicine, now part of OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, we provide a patient-centered medical home practice that is elevating to a new standard of care. Our physicians build long-term personal relationships with their patients to help them achieve optimal health status, integrating prevention and wellness with cutting-edge primary care and creating a partnership with their patients to help them live healthier lives. So if changing the world and improving lives sounds like the regular kind of day you’re looking for, then you’re the kind of person we want to meet. Here, your compassion, commitment and energy can help improve lives and result in your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Telephone Operator, Tucson, Arizona, AZ, Switch board, call center, Centrix, customer service, administrative, data entry, medical terminology, healthcare, clinic