Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Take calls from consumers in regards to cancer diagnosis
- Determine if the consumers are eligible for a health program
- Connect consumers to a nurse
- Take calls from providers and enter services that they are requesting into the system
- Must have accurate documentation
- Must meet weekly metrics
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years of customer service experience in a call center environment
- Ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Experience working within the healthcare industry
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift, 40 hours a week, between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm based on business needs
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Experience working with ICD-9 / 10 and CPT codes
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Schaumburg, customer service, healthcare, telephonic, patient interaction, field based, advocacy