Are you ready for your next challenge? Discover it here at UnitedHealthcare and help us reinvent the health system. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Put your skills and talents to work in an effort that is seriously shaping the way health care services are delivered.
As a Health Coach you will establish personal wellness plans focused on instituting healthier lifestyle patterns for our members. You will accomplish this by providing telephonic, online or in-person support to members while assisting them in establishing health & wellness goals. This is an inspiring job at a truly inspired organization. Join us and begin doing your life's best work.(sm)
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Be able to assist clients in creating a healthy vision and goals for their Health & Wellness program
- Participate in weekly meetings and monthly in-service trainings
- Demonstrate an ability to deliver effective telephonic coaching in a manner that promotes behavior change
- Appropriately adapt telephonic coaching and education methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific needs of each clientele served
- Demonstrate established customer service behaviors and standards
Opportunity for career growth.
- Bachelor's degree in health education, nutrition, exercise physiology or a closely related field
- 2+ years of experience in direct education and/or coaching with individuals for disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC-based word processing and database documentation (Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook)
- Basic knowledge of disease prevention (cardiovascular and diabetes) and understanding of exercise principles, nutrition and weight management
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Certified Diabetes Educator, Registered Dietician or other related certification
- Certification in a nationally recognized coaching program
- Must live within a commutable distance of our Maryland Heights, MO office location
- Willingness to teach, learn and be open to new and innovative ways of delivering prevention lifestyle intervention services
- Flexible, open to new ideas, and willing to take on new responsibilities
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RD, CDE, dietician, diabetes, blood pressure, health, wellness, health coach, health education, nutrition, exercise physiology, weight management, Maryland Heights, St. Louis, Missouri, MO