DescriptionThe Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 , in a telephonic environment, assesses and evaluates members' needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through assessments and/or evaluations. May create member care plans. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Associate and/or Bachelor's degree in nursing
- 3-5 years of clinical acute care experience
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the (appropriate state) with no disciplinary action
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home office to ensure you and your patients have absolute and continuous privacy while you work
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite internet service is NOT allowed for this role); and recommended speed for optimal performance from Humana systems is 10M x 1M
- Experience with case management, discharge planning and patient education for adult acute care
- Managed care experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
Scheduled Weekly Hours40