We’re making a strong connection between exceptional patient care and outstanding career opportunities. The result is a culture of performance that’s driving the health care industry forward. As a Telephone Case Manager RN, you’ll support a diverse member population with education, advocacy and connections to the resources they need to feel better and get well. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Apply today!
If you are located within a commutable distance of St Louis, MO or Greensboro, NC, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Make outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via telephonic interaction
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Partner with members and their providers to close gaps and prevent avoidable admissions / readmissions
- Provide patient education to assist with self - management
- Facilitate optimal health and well-being thru condition education, medication reconciliation, and connection to appropriate resources
This position is a Telecommute / Work From Home position from the greater Greensboro, NC or St Louis, MO areas. Schedule is Monday - Friday during standard business hours.
This is high volume, customer service environment. You will need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. Strong computer and software navigation skills are critical. You should also be strongly patient-focused and adaptable to changes.
- Active, unrestricted RN license in your state of residence
- Multiple state licensure (in addition to Compact License if applicable) or ability to obtain multiple state nursing licenses required
- 3+ years clinical experience as an RN in any setting
- Intermediate / proficient level of experience with MS Office applications
- Must be willing / able to obtain CCM within 30 months of employment if you do not already have it
- Must live within a commutable distance of our Greensboro, NC or St Louis, MO office locations
- Case management and / or disease management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Strong working experience with Diabetic patients
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and regulations
- Knowledge of disease processes for chronic illnesses in the senior population
- Home Health experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and function in a high volume environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN Case Manager, Greensboro, North Carolina, NC, St. Louis, Missouri, MO,
telecommute, telecommuting, telecommuter, work from home, remote, travel, WFH.