DescriptionThe DMS Sales Agent conducts selling activities related to inbound calls inquiring about individual health plan products. The DMS Sales Agent work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The DMS Sales Agent qualifies prospects and attempts to close sale. Arranges for field representative to visit prospect if sales are not closed. May originate calls from leads. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving sales and activity results; encourages others to do the same.
- Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity, lives up to commitments, and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
- Demonstrates strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to connect meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Simplify complexity and integrate internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience.
- Effectively leverages resources to create exceptional outcomes, embraces change, and constructively resolves barriers and constraints.
- Possesses High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to obtain or currently has a valid health insurance license.
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, including the ability to learn new computer systems.
- You must be available and willing to work any shift between 7:00am – 11:00pm including weekends.
- Overtime and weekend work will be required during our peak season from approximately September- December.
- Hours may vary between 30-40 hours a week with the exception of peak (September-December), which would require 40 hours weekly plus overtime
- Associates working in the state of Arizona must comply with the Tobacco Free Hiring Policy (see details below under Additional Information) and upon offer will be subjected to nicotine testing as part of a 10 panel drug test
- Sales experience and/or customer service in a call center or retail environment.
- Valid state health insurance license.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Background in the health care industry.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) or multilingual is a plus*.
* Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act, Ch. 45 CFR 92.5 requires the use of qualified bilingual/multilingual staff to communicate with beneficiaries. Any employee who communicates with beneficiaries in a language other than their primary language is required to take a language proficiency assessment. The assessment given must be the Interagency Rating Scale (ILR) developed by the Federal Government to assess the ability to be able to speak, read and write in both languages without limitations or assistance.
The following policy applies to associates working in the state of Arizona: Humana is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to promoting the health and well-being of its associates. Effective July 1, 2011, Humana has adopted a tobacco-free hiring policy that will promote a healthier workplace and will not hire users of tobacco and nicotine products. If you have any questions, please consult with your recruiter.
Please note that as part of the requirement for the Telesales Specialist; you must either currently possess or you must be able to obtain an Arizona State Insurance license. Please be aware that in order to begin the process with your state’s insurance agency, you will be required to answer several background questions including, but not limited to the following*:
- Certain Felonies
- Felonies Involving Moral Turpitude
- All other Felonies
- Misdemeanors related to the Financial Service Business
- Other criminal activity
*This list is not all inclusive but simply a snapshot of the type of questions you will be asked by your state department of insurance.
Please be aware that the short list above is only intended to provide guidance and may not include the complete list of background check questions asked by your Department of Insurance agency. For additional questions, please refer to your state’s DOI web site: http://insurance.az.gov for a complete application and list of background questions.
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
After applying, we encourage you to join our Talent Network as well, so you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization in the changing world of healthcare
About our Work Environment
- The Phoenix DMS center is located in the prestigious Biltmore area, near trendy restaurants and shops. We are fortunate to have transportation service that will shuttle our associates from the office to the Biltmore shopping center.
- Our building perks include a gym facility, pick-up/drop-off dry cleaning service, upscale meeting space and leisure area, and a local café with daily specials.
- Phoenix Humana has been nominated and recognized year-over-year as a best place to work.
- DMS places emphasis on associate engagement, living Humana’s values, and well-being. These are realized through world-class training, volunteer activities, community engagement, corporate well-being initiatives, and engagement surveys.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40