Temporary Staff Recruitment Coordinator
Primary Location: CA-CABakersfield-4550 California Ave
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Temporary Staff Recruitment Coordinator with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position assists with recruitment and hiring of employees for an assigned area. The Temporary Staff Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for attracting, screening, hiring and orienting new employees, and works with operations management to fill vacancies for new and existing programs. We seek an experienced recruiter who can build relationships with candidates and successfully market our organization to develop a qualified pool of candidates. In this role you will manage applicants in the tracking system and work closely with hiring managers to fill open positions with extraordinary individuals who have a heart for those we serve. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have experience in recruiting candidates and you’re looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
Supporting the recruitment of our most crucial employees, our Direct Support Professionals, the caregivers who support those individuals we serve, is the core of this dynamic role. The Staff Recruitment Coordinator assists with recruitment and hiring of employees in our larger regions.
Working in the regional or area office, the Staff Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for attracting, screening, hiring, and orienting new employees, filling vacancies for new and existing programs within their assigned region.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8a-5pPay: $16.25 per hourLength of position: approx 6 months
- Partner with the Staff Recruitment Specialist and operations management to develop and execute recruitment strategies including, but not limited to job fairs, hire days, college career services, campus recruitment and partnering with other community resources.
- Monitor and report on key recruitment and retention metrics.
- Track referred candidates per the employee referral program.
- Utilize the applicant tracking system, recruit employees by posting open positions on company and external websites to attract qualified applicants.
- Appropriately and accurately track candidate progress in the applicant tracking system as they progress through the hiring process.
- Support the Staff Recruitment Specialist and operations in performing recruitment activities such as screening resumes, administering phone screens, scheduling interviews, and interviewing.
- Ensure candidate qualifications are aligned with the requirements for the role.
- Coordinate hiring decisions with operations management; may extend offer or prepare and forward offer letter.
- Ensure Network and funder-required pre-employment verifications are completed including employee background checks, driver’s license checks, state registry and other required checks.
- Ensure applicant reference checks are completed, and alert the hiring manager and Human Resources when concerns arise.
- Assemble initial employee file including new hire paperwork, background checks and other required information.
- Verify that all required information is collected and is in the employee file.
- Maintain confidentiality and confidential documents
- Ensure purchasing cards and computer equipment are ordered prior to employee start date, as applicable.
- Coordinate and conduct New Employee Orientation and Onboarding programs, including employee policies and procedures, initial orientation to the company and use of employee portal.
- Ensure the proper completion of new hire paperwork, I-9 and employee portal activities.
- Refer employee relations issues and policy questions to HR Business Partner or HR Generalist and keep immediate supervisor informed as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- One year of related experience with recruitment and Direct Care preferred;
- Competency with Microsoft Office required; experience with applicant tracking software and online recruiting strategies preferred;
- Proficient in written and oral communications;
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with people, friendly approach
- High energy, goal oriented, and an ability to attract quality candidates
- Strong follow through and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work; requires independent judgement
- Valid driver’s license in good standing, car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company.
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age.
- Travel required within region supported.
- Must pass background investigation that includes DOJ/FBI fingerprint check.
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment
- Dynamic work environment
Bring your experience and skills to make a positive impact with the mission-driven work we do every day. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. When you join the Network, you will have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.