At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF) is a leading bank-owned equipment leasing and finance company in the U.S. with a portfolio exceeding $48.9 billion, more than 133,000 active customers and 1,100+ team members with coverage in all 50 states and Canada. WFEF provides a full spectrum of financing and lease options for customers’ equipment and capital expenditure requirements through Wells Fargo business, commercial and corporate banking channels, relationships with equipment manufacturers and distributors and direct to market. WFEF has Industry and Asset-type specialists devoted to Construction Equipment, Commercial and Specialty Vehicles, Healthcare, Energy/Marine, Solar, Vendor Finance Programs and Corporate/Private Aircraft.
The Territory Manager (TM) will work within the construction group and is responsible for marketing various services and products to the construction industry. The assigned territory is Louisiana and Mississippi. The TM will be required to be physically located within the assigned territory. Travel is required on a weekly basis to visit dealers, customers and prospects. The TM role requires a strong background in sales and credit with a high degree of knowledge of the construction industry and equipment specifications. Experience in originating, qualifying and closing a variety of financing products is helpful, including familiarity with operating leases, conditional sales contracts and term loans. The TM will identify opportunities and develop relationships with manufacturers, dealers, vendors, existing contacts as well as developing new customers. The annual new business expectation for this position is $25 million the first year and growing the territory to $40 million in subsequent years. The Territory Manager will work cooperatively with internal WFEF staff to submit, approve, negotiate, document and fund transactions.
Compensation for this position is comprised of a base draw plus commissions paid based on a matrix measuring gross profit and yield spread components. Annual gross compensation (draw plus commissions) is estimated at $175,000+ for a territory manager who meets goal expectations.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of equipment finance leasing experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of credit issues including technical ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of lease pricing, negotiation, and closing transactions
- Sales experience including the ability to negotiate and influence
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong PC skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of tax, accounting, term loans and leasing.
- Strong salesmanship.
- Ability to qualify, structure, price, negotiate and close transactions.
- Desire to work collaboratively with Wells Fargo staff within assigned territory.
- Experience in lease pricing such as InfoAnalysis and/or competence with HP12C or 17B.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge and experience related to construction equipment and specs.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain long-term business relationships and interact with customers at the CEO and CFO level.
- 5+ years of commercial finance experience.
- Prior equipment finance experience managing a territory with originations in excess of $30 million.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.