External Job PostingPOSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for product safety, compliance, and quality assurance of private label and direct import goods. Minimizes potential risks to Shopko and customers from product hazards, recalls, and quality issues. Ensures compliance with all applicable safety and health regulations, industry standards, and corporate quality standards in accordance with all government regulatory and labeling requirements through the management and enforcement of Shopko’s product testing and product inspection programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Product and Packaging Testing and Inspection Compliance
- Schedule and coordinate product testing and product inspections between independent third party service providers, vendors, and factories to ensure quality, compliance and timely delivery
- Review and determine if product test and inspection results meet federal, state & local regulations, along with Shopko’s quality standards.
- Communicate the testing and inspection requirements, acknowledgements, approvals and cost saving opportunities of assigned product categories to vendors
- Research and interpret various regulations and standards (i.e. EPA/FDA/CPSC/AAFCO/FTC/FPLA/AATC) to ensure quality, packaging, and product compliance to industry standards
- Identify regulatory issues in the beginning stages of award production to expedite the issuance of product approval and reduce supply chain timelines
- Partner with 3rd party testing laboratory and inspection services regarding regulatory updates, product testing, various federal & state laws & bans on specified products, and industry standards
- Collaborate with vendors to institute a corrective action plan for failed product testing and product inspections while adhering to the 2 week turnaround time resolution set forth by the Quality Assurance team
- Correct product packaging and notify Private Brand team of initial review to anticipate and correct upfront issues that may impact on-time delivery
- Communicate non-compliant issues with Manager and provide appropriate action plan for timely resolutions. Resolve any identified issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain all records pertaining to product testing and inspection in accordance with federal regulations
- Maintain all records pertaining to recalls in accordance with federal regulations
- Actively review internal compliance records for repeat programs to minimize initial cost to our vendors, and positively impact gross margins
- Archive relevant data on each recalled/ pulled item per regulatory standards
- Monitor CPSC website, FDA website, and all public recall notices relating to any products that are sold by Shopko
- Oversee the recall process to ensure that the appropriate action is being taken and documented
- Conduct store audits and analyze collected data as a check and balance system for the quality assurance department to ensure vendors are complying with our product compliance program
- Conduct regular in store product inspections to ensure products comply with quality & industry standards along with appropriate labeling requirements
- Determine corrective action plan on all non-compliant private label or direct import products and communicate and execute plan alongside corresponding vendor
- Monitor vendor products and issue chargebacks against non-compliant vendors
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s degree in clothing, textiles, quality or equivalent work experience
- 1 - 2 years’ work experience in manufacturing, laboratory testing, or project coordination.
- Laboratory testing or inspections/auditing course work or experience preferred.
- Manufacturing, design and product knowledge course work preferred.
- Retail experience helpful.
- General knowledge of and ability to operate a personal computer; working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks and be deadline dedicated.
- Detailed oriented with a high degree of accuracy and consistency
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Extreme confidentiality.
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express. At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts. Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.