External Job PostingPOSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for receiving, reviewing and analyzing all Private Brand and Direct Import reports for specifically assigned business groups and/or product categories with the objectives of insuring products meet or exceed all Shopko standards and all governmental law. Responsible for the Recall Process, in assigned product categories, to insure product recalls are executed in a timely manner and all CPSC, FDA, and any other governmental regulating agency requirements are met.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administer third party laboratory testing program.
• Analyze and log assigned product category test reports results.
• Need strong decision making skills to Determine action plan to resolve items that failed testing and communicate with suppliers the instruction for corrective action.
• Insure corrective action plans are completed within a specified time period so product compliance is achieved while maintaining on time delivery of product.
• Research, analyze, and understand State and Federal regulations to assist vendors/suppliers in meeting ShopKo standards and selling to ShopKo only compliant product.
• Provide clear and concise communication to buyers regarding product failures when there is a negative impact on product delivery.
• Send approval/non-approvals out to vendors.
• Work with appropriate Buyers to ensure necessary items are tested.
• Communicate with vendors (both domestic and import) to ensure items are sent in for testing. Communication must be clear as foreign suppliers do not use English as their primary language.
• Maintain master files on all assigned product categories, product testing reports and samples.
• Maintain and follow up on all assortment testing to ensure all information remains current and appropriate in-store product samples are pulled for testing or re-testing.
• Maintain and update assigned product category Testing Manuals.
• Monitor “on hold” memos, follow up with vendors and provide updates to appropriate Divisional Product Brand Manager or applicable buyer.
• Audit stores on a quarterly rotation to ensure all vendors are following ShopKo testing procedures.
• Monitor CPSC and FDA web-site and all public recall notices relating to assigned product categories to determine required action, if any, to be taken by Shopko.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• 1-2 years work experience in retail, manufacturing, laboratory testing, or project coordination.
• Retail course work and experience helpful.
• Computer experience required, spreadsheet experience (Excel) preferred.
• Ability to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks and be deadline dedicated.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills essential.
• Extreme confidentiality.
• Strong decision making skills.
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express. At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts. Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.