Primary Location: United States-MA-MAHyannis
Massachusetts MENTOR is seeking a Therapeutic Mentor (Family Support Specialist) to coordinate the development and implementation of services and treatments to youth. The position requires a skilled human service professional who understands the impact that community activities can have on a child’s life. Therapeutic Mentors provide services in the youth’s home and community. By integrating our services with engaging activities we can help the youth we serve meet their treatment goals.
- Meet with a client base of 8-9 youth weekly in the Hyannis and Cape Cod area
- Meet expectations surrounding paper work deadlines and utilization trends
- Preparation of social skill building activities for each client
- Assist with teaching youth socially appropriate behavior while in the community
- Assist with assessing safety issues that may have an impact on the service
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Qualifications: What we require of you:
- High School degree or GED with two years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age groups.
- Or a Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field and one year experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance required.
Massachusetts MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local health and human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join Massachusetts MENTOR and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
we offer you:
- Competitive salaried position
- Opportunity to earn a monthly bonus for every hour you exceed your monthly goal. Can you imagine earning more each month for serving your clients well and often?
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage available for employees and their eligible dependents
- Mileage reimbursement