Primary Location: United States-MA-MAPeabody
Massachusetts MENTOR is seeking a Part-time Therapeutic Mentor (Family Support Specialist) to coordinate the development and implementation of services and treatments to youth. The position requires a skilled human service professional who understands the impact that community activities can have on a child’s life. Family Support Specialists will provide services in the youth’s home and community. By integrating our services with engaging activities we can help the youth we serve meet their treatment goals.
- Meet with a client base of youth weekly to help them meet their goals
- Meet expectations surrounding paper work deadlines and utilization trends
- Preparation of social skill building activities for each client
- Assist with teaching youth socially appropriate behavior while in the community
- Assist with assessing safety issues that may have an impact on the service
- High School degree or GED with two years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age groups.
- Or a Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field and one year experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance required.
What we offer you:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Mileage reimbursement
We offer a supportive team environment, flexible schedule and a family-oriented culture. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals!