Primary Location: United States-MA-MAPeabody
Massachusetts MENTOR is seeking a Part-time Therapeutic Mentor (Family Support Specialist) to coordinate the development and implementation of services and treatments to youth. The position requires a skilled human service professional who understands the impact that community activities can have on a child’s life. Family Support Specialists will provide services in the youth’s home and community. By integrating our services with engaging activities we can help the youth we serve meet their treatment goals.Responsibilities:
- Meet with a client base of youth weekly to help them meet their goals
- Meet expectations surrounding paper work deadlines and utilization trends
- Preparation of social skill building activities for each client
- Assist with teaching youth socially appropriate behavior while in the community
- Assist with assessing safety issues that may have an impact on the service
Qualifications: What we require of you:
- High School degree or GED with two years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age groups.
- Or a Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field and one year experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance required.
Massachusetts MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local health and human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join Massachusetts MENTOR and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
What we offer you:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Mileage reimbursement
We offer a supportive team environment, flexible schedule and a family-oriented culture. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals!