Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS)
Primary Location: PA-PAPhiladelphia-10601 Decatur Rd
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Work with behaviorally challenged Adolescents as a Therapeutic Staff Support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide 1:1 counseling and intervention, including behavior modification techniques and proactive strategies, to stabilize the child or adolescent as outlined in the service plan.
- Provide therapeutic supervision of clients during treatment and educational activities.
- Support the family and school personnel in their efforts to stabilize the child by providing information, guidance, modeling and counseling.
- Work collaboratively with the manager and all team members to ensure the service plan is meeting the child’s needs and recommend other services as needed.
- Assist in the management of aggressive clients as needed, using only de-escalation and behavior management techniques approved by the manager.
- Develop and maintain a flexible schedule in order to provide behavioral interventions and a variety of settings, and explore all possible options to meet with the child prior to office time.
- All changes in schedule must be reported to the manager in advance.
- Work “hands-on,” traditional as well as non-traditional hours in a variety of settings (i.e. home, school, day care, community, etc.) in order to meet the needs of the child.
- Accept additions to caseload as assigned
- Ensure all documentation is completed legibly, professionally, and submitted in a timely manner
- Participate in pre-service and in-service training on an on-going basis to further increase skills and knowledge base in the field of Behavioral Therapy
- Including, but is not limited to, attending scheduled trainings, seminars, and self-education (reading, journal articles, and books, etc.)
- Cooperate fully with on-site monitoring by supervisors to ensure quality services are provided to the children
- Training and supervision as required by Managed Care Organization (MCO).
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
The Therapeutic Staff Support provides therapeutic services, including intervention and supervision of behaviorally challenged and emotionally disturbed children/adolescents within a therapeutic milieu.
- Four-year college degree in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Criminal Justice or a related human services field.
- Four-year college degree in any other field with one-year minimum experience paid work that involved direct contact with children or adolescents.
- Associate’s degree or 60 credits towards a Bachelor’s degree with the equivalent of at least three years full time paid work in a job involving direct contact with children or adolescents.
- Licensed registered nurse with one-year experience in paid work that involved direct contact with children or adolescents.
- Licensed practical nurse with 3 years’ experience in paid work that involved direct contact with children and adolescents.
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Successful clearance of 2-3 professional references
- Travel within your case load as required
- Part-time, or per diem positions available with a variety of schedules
- A rewarding work environment with a chance to make a difference in the lives of youth and families on a daily basis
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Paid training
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same
Pennsylvania MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!