Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJAtco
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
New Jersey MENTOR
- Conducts psychosocial assessments to document history and identify preliminary issues for treatment by interviewing the child and family (if applicable), and transcribing or dictating relevant information for client records.
- Provides individual, family and/or group therapies using various treatment modalities.
- Develops individualized treatment plans in coordination with interdisciplinary team to include but may not be limited to: The Department of Children and Families, District Family Safety/Community Based Care Provider, Juvenile Justice Counselor (if applicable), and child targeted case manager (if one is assigned)
- Works with members of the interdisciplinary team to coordinate other treatment initiatives including school performance, permanency, and reunification planning. Develops and coordinates discharge plan based on treatment, indicating all relevant aftercare needs and plans. Accesses community resources that would be beneficial to client aftercare needs.
- Attends regular treatment team staffing and level of care meetings.
- Conducts educational groups for clients, families and foster parents. Provides documentation of foster parent educational in-services to adhere to foster parent licensing standards, assuring that the skills needed for treatment plan in the home environment are learned.
- Prepares and trains the child’s biological or legal parents to resume care of their child when reunification is the goal (if applicable to the population being served).
- Maintains current, legible and adequate medical record documentation in client’s chart. Assures that all required client documentation is in their chart, including any foster parent and/or outside agency documentation pertaining to the client.
- Conducts regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings with client and caretaker in order to monitor the child’s progress and discuss treatment strategies and services. Attends regular staff meetings, clinical meeting and one-on-one sessions with direct supervisor to process current status of cases.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Master’s degree in human services field with at least three years of experience
- Must be licensed: LSW, LAC, LPC