Summary: To create a welcoming, fun, and interactive experience for the scenic passenger train. To represent the Tioga Central Railroad in a professional manner by greeting visitors at the ticket office, on the train, or on the telephone and assisting them as needed. This position requires an effective combination of enthusiasm and customer service.
- Share knowledge about the railroad, local history and local sites to give customers interesting information
- Share knowledge about train schedules, pricing, and meals with customers
- On dining excursions, support the chef and his team by serving meals
- Keep the train clean and orderly for a good customer experience
- Answer the customer phone line and provide detailed excursion information
- Use a computer based ticketing system to sell excursion tickets
- Prepare and sell food and drinks in a concession stand onboard the train
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Requires a high school degree or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have reliable transportation to work
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs.
- Must be able to stand 8-10 hours
- Must be able to work aboard a moving train
- Must possess excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to deal with challenging customers
- Must possess a professional image and demeanor and ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Must be able to multi-task and adapt quickly to change in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania, United States